"Address field" question type

• 14 August 2021
  • 76 replies

Userlevel 3

Please consider adding an ‘Address field’ just like you have a ‘Phone field’. It’s important to be able to easily capture the customer’s address without having to go through 5 or 6 pages. I’m sorry if this is a repeat request but I think it’s a very important part of any registration or on-boarding form. Automatic integration with Google map or other API (such as algolia) would be great! 

• Street address
  • Unit
  • City
  • Province / State
  • Zip / Postal Code
  • Country

Liz 2 years ago

Some good news, @nrom  is that a contact and address field is already in the works, so if we have any updates on this, we’ll post them here. :smirk:

View original

76 replies

Hi @Liz Hale just adding a note saying that this is something that i am dying to get. Especially validating adresses would be sooooo useful. (Remember to add support for EU countries!)

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

@Bugge The product team has verification in the plans, thankfully! It won’t be on the first release of the contact block, but it will come later. :sunglasses:

I hope to see this feature soon. This is literally the difference maker/decision maker on a company project we are launching. After a brief evaluation we determined that waiting for a feature that we would have to redesign or “update” our business workflows would cost way more than some of your competing products  at a lower cost, with less features but more open to 3rd party customization to achieve this goal. I read the statement problems addressed by priority and demand, etc…from the Senior side of corporate things I read into that “people whose requests are accompanied by $$ contributions are getting their solutions addressed as the priority”. What I mean is that seeing the demand for this feature and taking over 20 months to be addressed, I couldn’t see banking my business on that kind of response time for common features. Outside of that we loved this product…but if we have to wait nearly 2 years every time for updates like these that risk for a small business to invest into this is pretty high. Look forward to seeing this when it is released.  

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

@CEOofREPLogistics It’s on it’s way, don’t worry! :grin:

Userlevel 6
Badge +2

just wondering why in the create box there isn’t a special box to ask the name, city and state of the responder, that is fundimentel to the survay, instad i have to waist another three slots on my typform to get this basik info

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @the conservative I’ve added your post here so you can stayed updated on the address block. :grinning:

Userlevel 6
Badge +2

thanks liz!

you’r a real help!

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

@the conservative Not a problem! Happy to help. 

@Liz I’d also love to be kept in the loop. This is a huge blocker for my org preventing us from having cleaner, better data. We would love if there were a dropdown to select the state and country at least of the leads. Manual capture is possible, but really messy.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

@admissionsjosh Keep following this post, as I’ll add updates here as I receive ‘em!

Userlevel 1

I’m shocked this doesn’t exists already. Being able to easily and accurately capture addresses with an address validation feature is just fundamental to the majority of form use cases. I just signed up for TypeForm and was hugely disappointed to find out this doesn’t already exists. I may end up canceling until this feature is available as I can see this causing us more issues than that remove any other benefits.

Please consider adding an ‘Address field’ just like you have a ‘Phone field’. It’s important to be able to easily capture the customer’s address without having to go through 5 or 6 pages. I’m sorry if this is a repeat request but I think it’s a very important part of any registration or on-boarding form. Automatic integration with Google map or other API (such as algolia) would be great! 

• Street address
  • Unit
  • City
  • Province / State
  • Zip / Postal Code
  • Country

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @Serina97 Our product team is actively working on this feature, so stay tuned for updates!

Userlevel 1

This is exactly what I need. Having to enter multiple disconnected questions to get an address entered is causing massive drop off

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

We’re working on it, @f16z !

Our organisation needs the option of a dropdown menu to organise our data better. It’s currently super messy due to manual input. When will this feature be ready @Liz?

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

@mezdog I don’t have any specific dates yet, but as soon as I do, I’ll post an update here. 😀

Hello! Just quickly went through this… Any idea if this would be available in the near term? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

@estebanruelas We’re working on it, I promise! No specific date yet, but should be soon. 

this is getting ridiculous. how does this take so long to release? if it’s not in the cards, then why indicate that it is?

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @we_just_want_an_address_field Thanks for stopping by, and I understand the frustration. The product team has multiple different features/updates they’re making, which are each prioritized based on workload and time it takes. Every now and then, features may get pushed back in timing if a bug arises that pulls time away from those working on the feature. This is still a feature in progress though!

@Liz & @nrom, if you need someone to help beta test the Address field question type, I’d be happy to do so! :) 

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

We’ll keep that in mind, @djsteen !

@Liz @nrom down to beta test this feature as well! We are working on an MVP where capturing addresses (both US and outside of US) is necessary.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Thanks, @jimmy ! We don’t currently have a beta test open for this, but if we open one up, we’ll post so here. 😀

Thanks, @jimmy ! We don’t currently have a beta test open for this, but if we open one up, we’ll post so here. 😀

Thanks Liz - hoping to hear more updates on this feature soon! 🤞