Answered

How to get a HIPPA BAA in place for compliance?

Hi all.

How do I get a BAA in place for be in compliance with HIPPA when using typeform.

Thank you 

Sahil

icon

Best answer by Liz 21 July 2021, 03:41

View original

10 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@sahilchopra - welcome to the Community and this is a good question.

I am a user here that spends way too much time trying to find my own answers and helping others when i can. 

If you are looking for a way to create a Business Associate Agreement between your organization and someone who is completing a survey/typeform you create, where they are entering into an agreement with you where they might see Protected Health Information (PHI) - then you may be able to use the Legal Question type to present the details to the user, along with a link to a pdf version of the form that you want the user to sign and return. (details and samples of a BAA can be found here ) - you could have the user download the pdf, sign it with an electronic signature app ( using Zapier or Ingeromat to connect to Docusign for example, as there is no native integration from Typeform to an esignature platform that i can find on the Connect integrations page)

If your jurisdiction allows you to accept that someone has filled in the fields required for a BAA (using a series of questions in Typeform) and presented on the Legal Question (using the recall function) to provide the for them to accept the terms and conditions, to create a binding BAA, then yes you can do it in Typeform. 

I would recommend that if you take that approach that you pass the data fields to something like a Google Sheet, and using a Google Doc template and an add-in called Document Studio for Google Sheets, you can merge the data fields into an official looking document, convert it as a pdf and mail the attachment to the user. Ask them to sign and send a scanned copy back to the reply email address. Manage this workflow in your task manager (I use Trello for something similar, many people use Slack) to ensure that your BAA comes back to you or you can chase it down. That way you would have both the initial electronic data agreed to and captured AND the signed copy which would double down on your HIPPA compliance. 

(not that I spend much time in data/information governance …. lol)

I hope this helps  - and i hope that @Mariana or @Liz, the amazing folk from Typeform who provide wonderful assistance in here can add to this or provide additional workarounds. 

@Michaela from Integromat may be able to provide some input on their connectivity to an e-signing tool 

des

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @sahilchopra thanks for stopping by! :) 

Our post here will share a bit more about how to get a BAA: 

but the shorter version is if you contact our support team here, they’ll get you in touch with the team handling BAAs. :grinning:

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi @sahilchopra thanks for stopping by! :) 

Our post here will share a bit more about how to get a BAA: 

but the shorter version is if you contact our support team here, they’ll get you in touch with the team handling BAAs. :grinning:

@Liz - that would work for a BAA between Typeform and the subscriber to the software.. but not downstream between, for example, my company putting out a Typeform and a client of mine completing the form related to other work that we are doing between us where there might be PHI involved. 

this latter usecase was the one I was trying to address in terms of creating a document between myself and my typeform user (as an example)

des

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Wow, @john.desborough what a sophisticated solution you’ve come up with! I am totes impressed :clap:

Also, thanks for tagging me! I’m always more than happy to share some info :blush:

So, I crunched the numbers (wow, I’ve always wanted to say this phrase and mean it :nerd: ) to see which of the e-signture apps available on Integromat are the most popular with our users. It boiled down to these four beauties:

(the links take you to the integration pages of the individual apps that contain all currently available triggers, actions and pre-made templates)

To give you an idea of what it might be like to automate Typeform and an e-signature app with Integromat, I’m also gonna throw in this template. As you can see, it watches new Typeform submissions, creates an eversign document from a template and saves it to a designated folder in OneDrive.

Funnily enough, we have literally just started discussing putting together a tutorial on integrating Typeform and e-signature apps!

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@Michaela @sahilchopra 

Thank @Michaela - that tutorial would be a real help for many folks (a great way for tech companies to get NDAs signed easily, etc. ) 

@sahilchopra - have a look at the ideas from the posts above: we hope that something in there meets your needs

des

I need to have a signature for a form i am building on typeform. But can I add a signature block for using on a iPad 

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hey @Betty. Happy Monday =)

I moved your question here where the answer is. I hope the above conversation helps! :hugging:

Userlevel 1
Badge

hi

I need my client to make a drawing of things for me in one of my forms. I thought about using a signature tool in order to get them to do that but I can’t find one. is there one I can use without needing to connect with other providers and to pay?

tnx 

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @sagi. Happy Monday =)

I moved your question here where the answer is. I hope the above conversation is helpful for you! :hugging:

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hello all! Even more exciting HIPAA news! 

We are officially certified in SOC2.1 and HIPAA.
That means that we are certified and compliant with:
• ISO27001
• SOC2
• HIPAA
• GDPR

If you have any questions about this, let us know. :grin:

You can contact our support team here for help signing BAAs.