Question

how to stop autosave

Badge

i can’t make a new form because the autosave option i need to stop it how can i do that or fix this problem see video bellow

17 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @Abdullah Thanks for stopping by! Looking at the video, it looks like there might be an issue with the browser or the connection you have. When the connection is slow or the browser isn’t one that we support, it can delay the autosaving feature. Can you try a different connection and if that doesn’t work, would you mind sharing what browser and device you’re working on? 

Badge

i am using chrome

this was not an issue i had before 

speed is supper fast 100+/mbs

i have been using typeform for about a year now maybe more this is the first time this happend and i am on a paid subcription 

this is another video on firefox this time curser moves

Badge

@Liz do u have any idea what is the problem ?

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @Abdullah What device are you using to edit your form? 

Badge

@Liz dought that my device brand have anything todo with this but i am using the toshiba AIO px30t cause i didn’t have this issue before and i was using the same system 

than after u asked me about the device i checked on another device a dell pc and same thing same issue

i think increasing the time intraval for autosave will help in this issue 

or giving the user the option to disable autosave 

its a pain todo any type of form with this autosave option

this may mean the end of my subscription with typeform need to search for an altrnative i think

thanks

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @Abdullah Thank you! I chatted with our tech team, and they’ve confirmed that there is a bug with this that’s been shared with our developers. As soon as I have updates on a fix, I’ll let you know here!

Userlevel 1
Badge

Is anyone else having this issue?

Whenever I am building a new quiz and typing, typeform keeps lagging (as if autosaving), and the last 2-3 words I have typed. Get erased. Is there any way to turn autosave off? It’s quite frustrating and makes the UI borderline unusable. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @jmariwala I added your post here where you can get updated on the open bug. As soon as I have updates from our developers, I’ll let you know here!

I know this bug could be madning and what I’m about to say doesn't fix the bug at all, but I wanted to share what I'm doing to cope until the bug is fixed.
It's so simple it sounds silly, but I'm writing the questions in a Word document and copying/pasting into the form.
This is helping me to keep the work flowing and not going crazy until the bug is fixed.
Just my 2 cents:sweat_smile:

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Thanks for sharing, @Paulo ! Super helpful. The fix is still in development, but as soon as it’s been released, I’ll let you know.

Badge

@Paulo   thanks for that tip this is what I am doing, also the problem is I paid for the service! it’s not something free, so I expect to get my money worth

@Liz   we can’t just stop work until this thing get solved this is an issue that should have high priority and should be fixed within 72 hours max cause it effects subscription. why am I paying for something that doesn’t work? 

Anyone else having issues with recent update that makes Typeforms in draft mode auto-publish? I find it most annoying - especially because it continually cuts me off while I am typing in draft so that it can auto-publish. Does anyone know how to turn this off?? Thanks in advance!

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @Abdullah Our developers are still working on fixing the issue, but as soon as I have an update on the release, I’ll let you know in this thread. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @Abdullah @JustineO @Paulo @jmariwala - wanted to give you all an update that the developer expects to release a fix for this either later today or tomorrow morning! 

Badge

@Liz thanks for the update waitting for it

Thank you @Liz !

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @Abdullah @JustineO @Paulo @jmariwala

A fix has been released! Let me know if any of you notice any other issues with this. :grin: