Question

Jump logic

• 31 March 2021
  • 7 replies

Hello everyone :)

Please help!

I have set up form in the classic builder, with a multiple choice (with multiple selection) which links to a question group for each option in the multiple choice.  

When testing the form the multiple choice works ok, and allows me to fill in the information based on the options I selected.  However, other options appear that I have not selected, how do I hide these?

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@Margorie - can you please show a screen shot of the logic so that we can have a peek?? 

cheers. 

des

@john.desborough, there are around 32 options, on the multiple-choice, therefore it is hard to read?

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@Margorie - it’s a little hard to see what might be the problem otherwise, maybe take several screen shots/captures and post them here.. 

you could also post a link to the typeform, if you would like to share, so that we could look at it and try to see what behaviours are happening. 

it’s a little difficult to trouble shoot any problem without seeing what is underlying the situation. 

des

@john.desborough I have re-created  a similar form with less options to let you see.

@john.desborough, here is the link to the form, please see Q7 I’m asking people to select the activities they would like to book and basically if you chose the 7th option down it will take you there, but then also take you through all of the other options, that follow, even although you did not select them?

If you were to select Tennis which is the last option on the list, the form you take you through the remaining questions.

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@Margorie Thanks for that - i see the base logic for the start.. where are you experiencing the issues, seeing things that you want to hide?? 

if you can be more specific, then it would be easier to help. 

if you are talking about the path flows that i have highlighted in yellow in the image below (ie going to an question in another question group at the end of of the first block) then you would need to make sure that your logic path is set to jump to the appropriate next page.. Again, I am trying to guess here.. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@john.desborough, here is the link to the form, please see Q7 I’m asking people to select the activities they would like to book and basically if you chose the 7th option down it will take you there, but then also take you through all of the other options, that follow, even although you did not select them?

If you were to select Tennis which is the last option on the list, the form you take you through the remaining questions.

sorry our notes crossed over each other.. i see what you are speaking about: it appears that your logic path is not ‘finite’ for the 7th option (grass field 7 a side) the same way it is for the tennis option. you will need to look at the ‘exit logic’ for that question stream so that it goes into the proper path

I have done this a number of times in my own forms - missed one small parameter or selected the wrong one from the list as i was building my logic routing. to troubleshoot this, i often insert a statement question in the typeform and show all my variables or selections at the point of the error in the flow, just to see what is being passed to the next form.. that usually shows me what i had improperly selected. I think the tennis one works because there are no options after it in the menu.. 

btw, the form is nicely done (from the properly working tennis routing.. ) good job on that.. now to solve the other logic problems

des