🤔 [WDYT?] What community content would inspire you?

• 9 December 2020
  • 29 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hello community :wave:

James here from the community content team. Lovely to meet you all.

We're keen to help you realize the full potential of Typeform by providing you with tips and inspiration. We have lots of useful content spread across our blog and Help Center - and we're keen to add more!

I want to understand what would be most useful to you so we can decide what's the best thing to publish on the community.

Examples of the type of content we already have:

• Long form blog articles featuring real customer stories - e.g. Superhuman

• Shorter, interactive case studies - e.g. The Software House

• Examples of how we're using Typeform internally - e.g. this one 

• Content specifically focused on mitigating implications of the pandemic - e.g. this B2B Customer Pulse survey

• Templates 

• Video guides

Obviously it would be a bit overwhelming if we were to start throwing all of this stuff at you here so I'd really like to know what sort of thing you would expect to see in the community.

Which of these types of content would you like to see here? What else would you like to see us surface here? How do you think the community can help contribute to this content and make it even better? 

Would love to hear your thoughts and feedback before we turn on the community content tap!

29 replies

Badge +5

Thanks for starting this conversation @james! This is a great opportunity to hear the views of @john.desborough @Rocío @Valentin from Pinten @Valky  @Karospace @DesignrKnight @Nicholas.Johnson @Cristian Saracco @feliciayvette and rest of community members. 

Hope you are having a great Wednesday so far!

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hey @james great content! 

I like the case studies (the short ones and also the long ones) and I love the "challenge/solution/result" at the beginning of the post.

I also see a lot of potential for end-to-end tutorials for specific use cases. I believe there will be more and more use cases as the community grows. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hey @james great content! 

I like the case studies (the short ones and also the long ones) and I love the "challenge/solution/result" at the beginning of the post.

I also see a lot of potential for end-to-end tutorials for specific use cases. I believe there will be more and more use cases as the community grows. 

Thanks @Mariana :grinning:

Nice to hear this, yeah definitely case studies will be a big part of what we share. What format would you prefer to have them in on the community? You say you like the challenge/solution/result part at the start of each customer story on the blog, would it make sense to use the community to "tease" the story with this summary then link out to the story? Or would you prefer to get the whole story here?

End-to-end tutorials could be awesome. Was thinking we could start seeding some initial tutorials from our own internal use cases within Typeform (offering the them as templates, too). Let me know if there's anything you can think of that we could share. But yeah, the idea would be eventually to have people across the community submitting their own, whether as mini step-by-step guides or video walkthroughs.

So excited by all the possibilities - must keep calm!

Badge +5

Hey @james 

Got this message from our new creator, @Flafly, that refers to this post

Hey Gabriel! I would love to see templates, special features, tips & tricks to get inspired from.
Can't wait to see the community grow 💪

Userlevel 1

Hey @james 

Would love to create custom PassWallet for memberships for exemple 😉

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Thanks @Flafly ! How do you mean? I'm not familiar with PassWallet (but intrigued!) Do you mean you'd like it as a way of somehow incentivising community here, or that you'd like information about how to set it up as part of a typeform workflow. Sorry, it's my first day back after, my brain is not quite at full tilt :stuck_out_tongue:

Userlevel 1

Probably how to set it up as part of a typeform workflow : Maybe a tutorial like “make an event badge generator

No worries, and of the year 😆 Hopefully next year will 🚀

Userlevel 1
Badge

Will there be votes on upcoming features or priorities that will be driven by the community? For example, I feel the tool is crying out for a decent ranking style question format.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Probably how to set it up as part of a typeform workflow : Maybe a tutorial like “make an event badge generator

@Flafly Oooh, sounds cool. Actually, looks like there's a Zap for triggering coupons/loyalty cards through Walletly: https://zapier.com/apps/typeform/integrations/walletly, so maybe that could be a solution.

I would deffo like to see us do more stuff like the badge generator tutorial on the community, so maybe this could be a good one to test out. 

Will add it to our content planning backlog and we'll take a look at what we might do. Thanks for the suggestion :bow:  Will let you know if and when we publish something on it

Badge +5

Will there be votes on upcoming features or priorities that will be driven by the community? For example, I feel the tool is crying out for a decent ranking style question format.

We still have some work to do when it comes to adding a feature voting section - but Im hoping we will get there once everyone is ready. I’ll make sure to get our product managers here though (once we public launch the community) so you can have direct conversations with them and discuss, for instance, the ranking question format. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Thanks @Moneyhub. Awesome suggestion. It's definitely something we've talked about introducing - I think it could be really cool. We'll discuss with our product team and get their take. What other apps/platforms have you seen do this well (if any)?

And it's funny you should mention ranking style question blocks – watch this space as we're in the process of releasing this very feature real soon.  :eyes::santa: ! It's in the new version of the Typeform builder which is in the process of being rolled out.

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@james - the list looks great to start

after only two coffees this morning, I am thinking something along this line ..

• user may find a Help article/video useful but wants to check out if there are any extensions or adaptations to the topic that may exist in the community, ie something i mentioned in another post in here (End-to-end tutorials for specific use cases - e.g. make an event badge generator) -  i was looking for something on how to extend the concept outlined in the tutorial into generating an automated report for a user that would take the Typeform input, pass it through Google Sheets and Docs, in my case using Document Studio, and sending it out as a finished pdf report to be emailed to a recipient.  
  • if there was an option on the Help article to point to a Community post where others could comment or post examples/comments etc of their extensions, (as opposed to going to the developer community page - cuz some of us old-as-Clint-Eastwood-curmudgeons are not developer types), that would be great thing 
  • yes it might mean some curation from the community back to the Help topic but i think the internal business process for your Help development might include creating the Community ‘link’ article as part of the Help publishing process - my tuppence here

I also like the case studies (similar to @Mariana ) but would also like to see some more user-provided mini case studies or tutorials on how they have used not only Typeform but integrations - for example, I have some Trello workflows that I use for content creation/editorial calendar and demonstrating how the integration between Typeform AND the Trello workflow are done might be of use - or might be a source of comic relief to someone who are really made that particular use case sing for a larger organization that a micro biz. 

btw- i really love the ‘ways you are using Typeform internally’ post - well done folks! this is cool example of how to extend.. 

cheers

des

Userlevel 1

@Flafly Oooh, sounds cool. Actually, looks like there's a Zap for triggering coupons/loyalty cards through Walletly: https://zapier.com/apps/typeform/integrations/walletly, so maybe that could be a solution.

I would deffo like to see us do more stuff like the badge generator tutorial on the community, so maybe this could be a good one to test out. 

Will add it to our content planning backlog and we'll take a look at what we might do. Thanks for the suggestion :bow:  Will let you know if and when we publish something on it

@james OMG, this is exactly what I was looking for!

Thanks for ur amazigness 🚀

Badge +5

Hey @james , I got this great comment from @BRANDCROPS via one-on-one message, I’m sure they will be happy for me to share it here: 

As a digital marketing consultancy we feel that we are not taking advantage of all the functionalities and awesome things one can do with the tool. ( we are really really big fans).

We love to see examples (lots of them). and of course we will love to get the feedback of the community on our own Typeforms.

Thanks for the opportunity.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Cheers @john.desborough. First off no one is as old or curmudgeonly as Clint so I wouldn't sweat it.

Great input, thanks a mil :ok_hand:

Integrating/linking to "extension" community postings from Help Center articles is an amazing idea. We've spoken a bit about integrating our Help Center backend with the community platform so hopefully something is in the works but you're probably right, this level of context is probably best achieved manually in the posts themselves initially. @Gabriel let's talk about how and when we might make this happen.

And regarding the whole "no code" thing, I wholeheartedly agree that it would be great to foster sharing of projects and workflows here. In fact, I think this could become a huge resource for folks - I love what Makerpad does in this respect with its automation tutorials (although increasingly I notice you need a pro account to access a lot of them). Definitely on the agenda, and would love to hear about weird and wonderful integrations once we've set up this space.
 ​​​​​​​

Keep the feedback and ideas rolling if and when something occurs to you. This is stuff is pure gold.

Cheers!

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

@Flafly Nice! Happy to be useful (it doesn't happen much :joy: )
Let us know how you get on if you try it. Would be good to surface a guide to setting it all up on here at some point...

Userlevel 1

Let us know how you get on if you try it. Would be good to surface a guide to setting it all up on here at some point...

You are the best here ! Don’t ever doubt that 🤩😎

Ok, I might be setting it up for 1st trimester 2021 🥳 I’ll let you know how it goes

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hey @james , I got this great comment from @BRANDCROPS via one-on-one message, I’m sure they will be happy for me to share it here: 

As a digital marketing consultancy we feel that we are not taking advantage of all the functionalities and awesome things one can do with the tool. ( we are really really big fans).

We love to see examples (lots of them). and of course we will love to get the feedback of the community on our own Typeforms.

Thanks for the opportunity.

@Gabriel This is music to my ears, thanks for sharing @BRANDCROPS . We already publish a lot of examples on our blog/Help Center/social media but there are many more we simply don't have the time or resources to feature, so I think the community is a great space for this. Incidentally, what level of detail would you look for in this type of info? Would you want much info on the "behind the scenes" of the use case or would a simple description and link to the example suffice?

Related to that, in terms of sharing your typeforms with the world how much would you be prepared to share e.g. to what extent would you be willing to complete a 10-min typeform questionnaire like this one so we can learn/share more? Or would you prefer to just slap a link to one of your forms in a post here and ask people what they think? 

Sorry for all the questions - I'm getting a little overexcited at the chance to ask the community about all this :yum:

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

You are the best here ! Don’t ever doubt that 🤩😎

Ok, I might be setting it up for 1st trimester 2021 🥳 I’ll let you know how it goes

@Flafly thanks for the pep talk :smile:  And yes, please do. Would love to hear how you get on. Good luck with it!

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Cheers @john.desborough. First off no one is as old or curmudgeonly as Clint so I wouldn't sweat it.

Great input, thanks a mil :ok_hand:

Integrating/linking to "extension" community postings from Help Center articles is an amazing idea. We've spoken a bit about integrating our Help Center backend with the community platform so hopefully something is in the works but you're probably right, this level of context is probably best achieved manually in the posts themselves initially. @Gabriel let's talk about how and when we might make this happen.

And regarding the whole "no code" thing, I wholeheartedly agree that it would be great to foster sharing of projects and workflows here. In fact, I think this could become a huge resource for folks - I love what Makerpad does in this respect with its automation tutorials (although increasingly I notice you need a pro account to access a lot of them). Definitely on the agenda, and would love to hear about weird and wonderful integrations once we've set up this space.

Keep the feedback and ideas rolling if and when something occurs to you. This is stuff is pure gold.

Cheers!

@james .. ask the folks who have worked for me in the past about being Clint-ish .. but they keep coming back and hanging around so either i have good coffee, a big collection of single malt or am doing something right lol.. 

as for fostering integration and workflows across different tools (ie Zapier, Trello, Slack etc.) it also becomes a potential affiliate program that could be monetized .. just sayin’ from a pure capitalistic perspective if you are not already doing that lol.. 

btw - anyone using Typeform for ATIP request management yet?? just checking.. 

cheers y’all 

des

Userlevel 1

+1 for the specific use case end-to-ends

What I’d add:

• Embedding into SPA’s
  • Usage with Zapier (or similar)
  • Walkthroughs for the API (docs are lacking at the moment)

I think this community option is a great step forward, it is something that I went looking for immediately when starting with Typeform as other platforms generally have it.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

@james .. ask the folks who have worked for me in the past about being Clint-ish .. but they keep coming back and hanging around so either i have good coffee, a big collection of single malt or am doing something right lol.. 

as for fostering integration and workflows across different tools (ie Zapier, Trello, Slack etc.) it also becomes a potential affiliate program that could be monetized .. just sayin’ from a pure capitalistic perspective if you are not already doing that lol.. 

des

@john.desborough Sounds like you have some great weapons in your locker :P

To your point we have occasionally partnered with SaaS/PaaS vendors to highlight what mutual customers are doing – this one with Zapier, this one with Aircall, this one with Monday.com, and about to publish an interesting one we've written with Automate.io.

However, we haven't thought about monetizing with affiliate links yet (even the phrase "affiliate links" makes the former journalist in me get a nose bleed). Might be an option though, once we find a way to scale integration content. I'm sure it would delight the head honchos here - and I promise not to pass it off as my own idea :money_mouth:

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

What I’d add:

• Embedding into SPA’s

I think this community option is a great step forward, it is something that I went looking for immediately when starting with Typeform as other platforms generally have it.

Thanks for your input @mrbretticus :sunglasses:  Great suggestions, and chuffed that you think the community will be useful - I hope it proves to be true.

@picsoung @Nordin adding you in since Brett's 1st and 3rd suggestions could be something you fine fellows could sink your teeth into at some point.

For Zaps and such, we will deffo use the community to surface some interesting use cases. I can speak to our buddies at Zapier and Automate.io to see how they might help us foster this, too.

Thanks again for your suggestions. Feel free to throw ideas at us any time!

Badge +5

Hey @james 

@neilwrites shared with the reading content he would like to see

I'd love to see guides to the key features, and videos that step you through the basics.

Also got this message from @HOAPres 

create attractive, inviting and well integrated forms which meet the objectives for high usage and ease of use .. so that is the type of content that I am looking for.

The DM hyperlink function isn’t working so I’m getting lots of feedback via DM, as opposed to her. Not ideal but I want to make sure you get all the messages too, James. 

Userlevel 5
Badge +3

What I’d add:

• Embedding into SPA’s

Indeed, I think there’s room for improvement in our current documentation. The teams are aware and working on it.

The problem with embeds and API is that there are a lot of use cases and each case can be really specific. The community, and us, will help explain those in more details so users can find help for their specific case. 

Definitely @Gabriel @james  as this grows I think we should have a section for embed queries and another one for API’s :)