Answered

What's the purpose of this community?

• 9 December 2020
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 2

I would like to understand: 

What are the community purpose?

What are the benefits of being part of it? 

Thanks

icon

Best answer by Gabriel 9 December 2020, 22:01

View original

4 replies

Badge +5

Hi @Valky, I thought this question was too important to leave it as a reply to another post so I made it its own topic. 

The purpose of this community is to empower our of typeform creators (regardless of their plan) to build awesome conversations with their audiences. 

I know the above sounds a bit vague, so let me be a bit more specific about how we are planning to do this:

1. By providing a collaboration hub (this platform) free and open to all our users - as you know we are still on beta but we are shaping up this space as we speak and we have plans to launch to all in mid January. 
  2. By giving you access to experts (Typeform employees) who will be able to explain first hand how to make the most of our tool. 
  3. By connecting you with a global community of typeform creators - who will start joining once the community goes live to all. 
  4. By providing exclusive and first hand content about our product - this could be interviews, webinars, video tutorials, etc. 

We want to build the community around three main pillars: support (Q&A), inspiration (tips and tricks) and product (news and interviews). 

Ultimately this community will enable a closer relationship between those building the product (the Typeform team) and those using it on a daily basis (our users and customers). 

I posted a rough timeline here on this post, not sure if you’ve seen it already?

Hope this explains, more than happy to discuss this in more detail. 

Userlevel 2

Hi @Gabriel Thanks for your answer. It is clear now and also the benefits… 

In my case, the value is around how to create more “intelligent” forms that help me to have better conversion rate for several of our profesional services offering. (Training and Consulting) 

By the way, I saw the timeline… Looks good for me!

Thanks

Badge +5

In my case, the value is around how to create more “intelligent” forms that help me to have better conversion rate for several of our profesional services offering. (Training and Consulting) 

Thanks

Glad to hear, @Valky ! I gather your main use case is ‘Lead Generation’? Perhaps @james, Typeform’s inspiration lead, has some ideas around this particular workflow. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Thanks

Glad to hear, @Valky ! I gather your main use case is ‘Lead Generation’? Perhaps @james, Typeform’s inspiration lead, has some ideas around this particular workflow. 

@Valky, this is great feedback and we definitely want to be educating the community on how to optimize their typeforms to convert better. Talking in general terms, here are some tips I can tell you right now, based on our own analysis of completion rates

1. Each question has a ‘cost’, and the first ones are the most expensive (i.e. where drop-off rates are highest). So it's important to keep the first questions as simple as possible and save the meatier questions for later in the form.
  2. Tell your audience how long a form will take them to complete - completion rates are higher where people do this. 
  3. Use simple, close-ended questions wherever possible - preferably with images, as these lead to less drop-off.

I appreciate these are very general tips on improving completion rates - but they work! We'll be adding plenty of more in-depth content on the topic of form completion rates once the community is up and running - and inviting folks to share what works for them.

If this is a bit general, feel free to add more detail about where you want to improve – e.g. are you struggling to get a good volume of leads through typeform or is it more around nurturing/segmenting leads (or maybe you're not using it at all for lead generation :P)? Would love to know what challenges you are facing so we could think about how we might deliver the right help and inspiration through the community :)