Tutorial

How to create interactive video greetings with VideoAsk | Happy "Typeformversary" to Gabriel 🎂

How to create interactive video greetings with VideoAsk | Happy "Typeformversary" to Gabriel 🎂
Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Good day community! 

Happy 1st of July! Not many of you will know this, but the person behind the launch of this fine community, @Gabriel  celebrates his first year at Typeform today 🎈

To mark the occasion and to give thanks from all of us, the community team has put together a little interactive videoask anniversary "card". He doesn't know about it yet - so surprise, Gabriel...

🥳🥳🥳 Click here to see the well wishes 🥳🥳🥳

Make your own videoask greetings

Want to make a special interactive video greetings card like this for your own beloved colleagues – or even for your friends or family? Read on to find out how it's done using Typeform's VideoAsk tool. Thanks to the genius of @Nasia who is the brains behind this idea and solution  🧠

1. Collect the video messages

Collect the video messages from everyone who wants to participate. They can either send you their videos directly, so you can upload them when creating your videoask, or you can send them a VideoAsk link for them to submit their videos. (Here is an example) If you go for the 2nd option, you can download all collected videos from your videoask like this:

2. Make a videoask

Create a new videoask, and disable the collection of contact details. You don’t want the receiver having to type their name and email address to see their video messages, right?

...then select a nice video from the integrated Pexels library for the background.

​​​​​3. Make a welcome screen

Think of a nice text intro you want to show on the welcome screen and add it to the ‘Overlay text’ in the VideoAsk editor:
​​

4. List the well-wishers

Select Multiple Choice as your answer type, and add one option for each person whose video message you’ll include. Write one person’s name per answer option.

5. Add the videos

Finally, add the videos you collected from your friends or colleagues one by one, and set up the logic in a way that each answer option in the welcome screen leads to the corresponding video message. Don’t forget to add the option to return to the welcome screen in each person’s video, so that the receiver can go back and select the other video messages.

Done! We hope the person you are creating the videoask for will enjoy their surprise. Let us know if you end up creating something – we'd love to hear what you made 🎬

Happy videoasking – and congrats again to Gabriel (it’s still not too late to send him your best wishes, folks. Just go here and leave your message and we’ll add it to the videoask!)

17 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@Gabriel - yes indeed! One whole year of bringing this to life - superb! 

I know that you are going to say that you had a lot of help from the team and above in terms of pulling this off, but someone has to be accountable - that’s you today!.

cheers from the igloo

des

Badge +5

What? Just seen this. Such a smart use of VA to make me happy. Thanks guys, I’ll watch this patiently between today and tomorrow. Love’ya all 

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

What? Just seen this. Such a smart use of VA to make me happy. Thanks guys, I’ll watch this patiently between today and tomorrow. Love’ya all 

You’re very welcome! Actually, this was a cheaper option than buying a card and mailing it round everyone to sign before sending on to you :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@James - ‘frugal’ option… 

Userlevel 4
Badge +2

lol, frugal indeed :grin:  @john.desborough 

@James cheaper, and more fun to create  :nerd:

@Gabriel enjoy, and don't forget the popcorn when you watch it ;) 

and we love you too!

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Woohoo!!! Happy 1st Typeversary @Gabriel!!! 

Badge +5

I really enjoyed the messages @Nasia @James @Mariana and @Liz 

By the way. You possibly don't know. But Liz's 4th Typeformversary is tomorrow 🤩

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

I really enjoyed the messages @Nasia @James @Mariana and @Liz 

By the way. You possibly don't know. But Liz's 4th Typeformversary is tomorrow 🤩

Glad you liked them @Gabriel . And happy 4th Typeformversary @Liz :tada:  I can only begin to imagine how many thousands of people you’ve helped get to grips with Typeform in that time. On behalf of me, and them here’s a tenuous - though also apt - gif (sorry it’s not as elaborate as Gabriel’s “gift” :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: )

Badge +5

Your 4th anniversary is also coming soon, @James? Gosh, I need to catch up with you guys. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Your 4th anniversary is also coming soon, @James? Gosh, I need to catch up with you guys. 

That’s true. It’s next month I think. One thing we could do @Gabriel is for me and @Liz to take a year off on full pay so you can catch us up by a year. wdyt?

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@Liz - happy happy joy joy on your 4th T’versary!!

@James -maybe by the time your 4th gets here, the 3 Lions will have hoisted the cup to celebrate...that would be worth taking the year off with pay!

Userlevel 4
Badge +2

Happy (belated) Typeformversary @Liz and @James !!:tada:

Really happy to be working with awesome people like you :heart_eyes:

(also, it's funny that all of us joined Typeform in the summer - June/July seems to be a popular time to change careers :sweat_smile: )

Userlevel 4
Badge +2

Also, @Gabriel - check out your videoask again.
There is a new 'congrats’ video message at the bottom waiting for you  :wink:

(Thanks for replying to the VA @vickioneill  :kissing_heart: )

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

@Liz - happy happy joy joy on your 4th T’versary!!

@James -maybe by the time your 4th gets here, the 3 Lions will have hoisted the cup to celebrate...that would be worth taking the year off with pay!

@john.desborough definitely. I think the hangover would last that long anyway :drooling_face:

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

@James  We are so old in Typeform years! 

Also still waiting for an anniversary dance @Gabriel ….. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@Liz - let’s allow Gabriel and James to start with a warmup dance

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Happy (belated) Typeformversary @Liz and @James !!:tada:

Really happy to be working with awesome people like you :heart_eyes:

(also, it's funny that all of us joined Typeform in the summer - June/July seems to be a popular time to change careers :sweat_smile: )

I’m so sorry my message was late! @Liz did an excellent job of informing me and letting me know I still had time and I STILL let a shiny object distract me - literally a second after I hit send to Liz!  My apologies for the late submission, @Gabriel . I hope you celebrated BIG!!!