[Meaningful Mondays] Don't forget the big picture

• 15 March 2021
  • 9 replies
[Meaningful Mondays] Don't forget the big picture
Userlevel 5
Badge +1
  • Director of Brand at Typeform
  • 13 replies

Today, I'm going to let this video speak for itself.

Have a great week :)

9 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

holy crap @paul -- such a horrible thing to happen to you! very glad that you are ok-ish and still here to make this video! That unto itself required incredible courage - just to put yourself out there on-screen, for all of us. 

Sincere wishes and hopes for you to fully recover quickly. And THANK you for demonstrating that you care by share this powerful set of messages today .. Get well. Lighting a candle here on your behalf .. 

des

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

Thanks @john.desborough, keep those candles lit :)

Paul

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hey @paul love and best wishes to you. Echoing @john.desborough 's sentiments - happy and grateful that you're here with us today to impart your words of wisdom.  Big thanks for having the courage to share today - you totally didn't have to do that but so glad you did. You're a big inspiration to us all here at Typeform and beyond. Take it easy dude.

Badge +5

My first reaction after seeing your face and hearing the story was anger - I have little sympathy for people who drive like psychopaths. But as the video unfolds I then realise that anger isn’t helping anyone here - life is full of crazy things that we can’t see coming. 

The 5 regrets bring perspective to what life is all about. We get tied in all sorts of knots and forget about what truly matters. 

I didn’t see this one coming, @paul . I wish you a speedy recovery. 

Courage seems to be a strong force to live by. 

PS: I need a @createdata hat too  :muscle_tone3:

Userlevel 3
Badge

Thank you for your courage, @paul :bow_tone3:  Sending love and light your way for a smooth recovery where you’ll have many many more years of making sure you don’t regret a thing :pray_tone3:  

Userlevel 4
Badge +2

Thanks for sharing this @paul 

It's kind of typical of us humans to only develop the courage to do what we really want to do when it's already too late, and to appreciate things when we don't have them anymore, isn't it? 

Your video is a good reminder to take a step back every now and then, and look at the big picture, like you said. 

A good piece of advice someone gave me once was:
"When you worry a lot about something, ask yourself: ‘Will this matter at the end of my life? Will this be one of the things at the top of my head when I’m lying in my deathbed?’” And very often, the answer will probably be no.
(I must admit, I’m not following this advice often enough myself, but probably should)

Anyways, thanks for sharing this, thanks for continuing to be one of the big driving forces for us here at Typeform, and - at the risk of sounding like a broken record - really glad and grateful you're still with us and didn't get as injured as you could have in such an accident. And once again, get well soon :bouquet: 

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@paul - it’s been a week since you posted the video. Hoping - in a serious way - that you are on the road to full recovery, if not there already! 

cheers sir!

des

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Oh my gosh! I’m so sorry that happened, @paul . I’m very glad you are Okay (as much as you can be given you were hit by a car). Thank you for sharing your story and the 5 common regrets. That - and your story - are great reminders to do ‘self checks’ to make sure we’re living our fullest potential and the best life we want to live. If not, make changes so you can and remove any regrets you might have. 

BTW I was hit by a car when I was 14. It traumatized me for years and even when I had my daughters trying to cross the street with them. I hope you don’t experience that...

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Ok, so I finally sat down to watch the latest episode of Meaningful Mondays. Little did I know how powerful it would be. @paul, I am so sorry that you had to experience this. I cannot even begin to imagine what being hit by a car feels like both physically and mentally. You are a superhero, thank you for sharing the story!

The 5 regrets before dying are something I genuinely needed to hear today. Very inspiring and eye-opening indeed. Thank you for this truly meaningful content :pray:

Take a good care of yourself!