[Meaningful Mondays] Episode 6: Tara-Nicholle Nelson

• 11 October 2021
  • 1 reply
[Meaningful Mondays] Episode 6: Tara-Nicholle Nelson
Userlevel 5
Badge +1
  • Director of Brand at Typeform
  • 13 replies

Sometimes you want to know all the insider’s secrets to creating a great brand. Sometimes there’s no secret, just a willingness to do the fundamentals. And when it comes to becoming a brand that matters to people, you just need to listen — to people.

I’m not going to downplay “listening”. It’s not as easy as it sounds. You might hear the words, but do you hear the person behind the words?

Tara-Nicholle hears the people. Formerly of MyFitnessPal, she helped grow the company from 25 million users to over 100 million, and eventually getting bought out by Under Armour. I hope you enjoy:

Paul

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@paul - another great interview. I had read her book previously but hearing her talk about it for the first time in this interview put it into a new context. I also really like the “find the context” for the transformation of the not-yet-client approach.

Something we often hear is that it is easier to SELL to existing clients than to capture new. But if you really want to grow/transform your organization, you need to expand into how you can help others outside of your current comfort zone (ie current clients). 

Listening to the market, “language back to the consumer” (a la T-N) and doing the deep dive research into what the market is saying is key. 

Thanks for this - after seeing the clips on FB and LinkedIn, I was really looking forward to hearing the whole interview. 

cheers!

des