Workspace Invaders

[WORKSPACE INVADERS šŸ‘¾] Meet the no code solution that relieved a festival organizer's headaches

[WORKSPACE INVADERS šŸ‘¾] Meet the no code solution that relieved a festival organizer's headaches
Userlevel 7
Badge +5

"Remember that sceneĀ in Fantasia where Mickey Mouse, the Sorcerer's apprentice, got the magic brooms to clean up for him? Well I feel like a newbie who has found a magic wand and I'm like "hey I can save some time with all these brooms"ā€.

Ā 

This is how Delegate Coordinator Maurice Rosellini describedĀ the no code setup he conjured up to help him automate the organization of the M for Montreal music conference.Ā 

Ā 

In this episode of Workspace InvadersĀ Maurice reveals the solution he designed that allowed him to manage the process of signing artists up to the event, handling payments and then managing the pipeline.Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

In the video we'll see:

Ā 

• The amazing "call for artists" typeform that M for Montreal uses to collect registrations. Find out how Maurice is using features such as Hidden Fields (for tracking source), Logic (to support promo codes), Payment field and File upload.Ā 

• The ingenious solution Maurice built to send payment receipts via Stripe, using Make

• How Maurice uses the Mailchimp integration to send follow-up communications to artists who have registered for the event.

• The Airtable database that Maurice uses as the central hub for artist information. Find out how the typeform responses land there and the magical things that happen to the data once it's there!

Plus, if youā€™re a lover of great analogies you'll be happy as a pig in mud...because Maurice is full of themĀ :grinning:Ā Shout out to the wonderfulĀ @MichaelaĀ from Make who joined the session to help us delve intoĀ Mauriceā€™s solution.

Ā 

Do it yourself

Ā 

Ready to build your own conference registration system? Here's a reminder of Maurice's setup:
Ā 

Ā 

1. Creating the typeform

Ā 

This was the template Maurice used as a starting point for his form, replacing the image on the Welcome Screen with the M for Montreal logo.

Ā 

Read more about the features used in Maurice's call for artist typeform here:

* How to use Hidden Fields

* What is Logic

* File upload question

* Payment question - Stripe integration

Ā 

2. Sending receipts using Integromat & Stripe

Maurice used Make to connect Typeform with Stripe in order to send the receipts. He monitored Stripe payments then queried them against the Typeform results using the FormID and Response ID. If there was a match the system would add the name and email information from the typeform to the Stripe entry and kick out a receipt to the applicant's email.

šŸ’” Learn more about Integromat's integrations with Typeform and Stripe.

Ā 

3. Sending follow-up emails with Mailchimp

Once an artistĀ (or their representative) signs up for M for Montreal their details are sent to Mailchimp via Typeform's integration. From there they are entered in a communication flow to keep them in the loop in the run-up to the event.

Ā 

4. Making data appetizing with Airtable

Ā 

As Maurice said "Data is like food. If it's appetizing and well presented, you want it." He sends his responses to Airtable using Typeform's integration when he and the team can work with it. He has a bunch of Airtable automations set up to process attendees in different ways without him having to lift a finger.

Ā 

Pretty cool set of hookups, right? We'd like to thank our Typeform star Maurice again for sharing his solution with us šŸ‘ And toĀ @MichaelaĀ for joining the fun!
Ā 

If you're in the music business or are a musicianĀ yourself, be sure to check out M for Montreal 2021 to find out more about the event and how you can get involved.

Ā 

Workspace Invaders will be back soon in another quest to uncover the shining lights of the Typeform universe. Got an out-of-this-world typeform solution you want to share? Tell us about it here and you never know, we could be swooping in to pay you a visit and expose your awesomeness to the Planet!Ā šŸŒ 

11 replies

Badge +5

Loving the new Workspace Invaders series episode. Thanks @JamesĀ @MichaelaĀ and of course Maurice for talking us through this great workflow.Ā 

Iā€™d love to know how much ā€˜timeā€™ Maurice and his crew saved by creating this setup. Would be awesome if he could actually give us a rough estimate of time saved per festival ā°

Awesome job. Thanks šŸ‘¾

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@GabrielĀ @JamesĀ - great festival ā€¦Ā have been to countless events there in Montreal. Put this on your travel plans and I will host!

it was a really good session too Jamesā€¦Ā congrats!

des

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Thanks for having me, @James, I had an absolute blast talking to you and Maurice!Ā :blush:

It was:

1. informative
  2. inspiring
  3. endlessly entertaining

And - most importantly - packed with practical time-saving tips. 10 out of 10 if you ask meĀ :nerd:

Ā 

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

This is so cool!! Thanks for sharing, @JamesĀ and also nice to see @MichaelaĀ for real!

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hey Liz, great to have you back!Ā :blush:

Itā€™s so surreal to see the faces you only know from static pictures actually move and see they represent real people, rightĀ :sweat_smile:Ā 

Badge +5

I can confirm we can all move @MichaelaĀ :man_dancing_tone4:

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

@MichaelaĀ haha yes!!

https://media.giphy.com/media/Ga8hE7NwZ3sNW/giphy.gif?cid=ecf05e47q7z16wf0jcdm94inqd305nzbx9hcishrowseztye&rid=giphy.gif&ct=g

@GabrielĀ @JamesĀ - great festival ā€¦Ā have been to countless events there in Montreal. Put this on your travel plans and I will host!

des

Ā 

Thanks for creatingĀ this informative post.

Just curious could you tell me which tool was used for conduct this webinar?

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

des

@john.desboroughĀ Iā€™d be there like a shot. Maybe if there are more festivals out there being run on Typeform, the company can finance our trip for ā€œresearchā€ purposesĀ :grinning:

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Thanks for creatingĀ this informative post.

Just curious could you tell me which tool was used for conduct this webinar?

Thanks a lotĀ @rajivsĀ :smiley:

We use Streamyard to do the recordings and mmhmm for the editing afterwards. Iā€™ve been impressed with both so far!