Answered

Analytics Connection

• 16 December 2021
  • 17 replies

It looks like typeform only integrates with the old GA that uses UA tags.

We are using the new GA4 that uses G tags, example, G-0YN2QJJKEG. Its not accepting this.

Is anyone aware of this issue and can it be solved?

icon

Best answer by Liz 15 March 2023, 15:32

View original

17 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @Colin W Happy Little Friday! Hope you had a great week so far. :grinning:

The current Typeform integration only supports Universal Analytics (UA), but not the new GA4 format or analytics. You can find information about how to create a Universal Analytics (UA) ID for new properties in this Google Analytics help article.

Hopefully this helps, but let us know if you have any other questions. 

Thanks @Liz 

Unfortunately the property has already been created and I don’t see a way to then add (UA).

Is there a roadmap for an upgrade to typeform to allow the new analytics Gtag?

Thanks,

Colin

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @Colin W I’m afraid this isn’t currently on the roadmap, so I would suggest using the workaround provided for the meantime. 

Thanks @Liz 

As previously stated this workaround cannot be use if you already have opened a GA4 account and set up.

You can’t add a UA tag to an existing account.

You can only use the workaround if you are setting up for the first time.

Thanks,

Colin

Hi Team,

I’m also having the same issue. If we create a new GA4 account it means we start over again  and need to change our entire tech stack with the new ga4 tracking code which is a huge disadvantage.

Looks like I’m going to have to remove typeform from my my stack in order to correctly track the customer journey online.

Collin, you could find another alternative that will allow you to correctly track and measure 

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@Nigel Engel - just a quick question to you: what would you expect in terms of a ‘turn around time’ from a software firm like Typeform to keep up to date with something like this? 

What’s the turn around time for the other products in your tech stack, when something like this comes out?

Just curious as Typeform has released a lot of technological capability within their tools (including VideoAsk) in the last year, to get the core product improved. And given all that they HAVE done and what is still on the roadmap, how big a percentage of your stack is currently represented by Typeform? 

I understand the requirements to track the customer journey but am curious about what people have in their stack and ‘the rate of change’/updates/maintenance that is caused by trying to ‘keep up with the joneses’ (ie the latest versions of all the possible tracking mechanisms that might flow across the ecosystem.) 

cheers and looking forward to comments. 

Hi John.

What’s the turn around time for the other products in your tech stack, when something like this comes out?

Good question, so GA4 released October 2020- other platforms such as webflow and Calendly have native integrations already set up and running and working great. 

Just curious as Typeform has released a lot of technological capability within their tools (including VideoAsk) in the last year, to get the core product improved. 

VideoAsk is a great product as well, but also it needs to integrate with GA4 because in another years time more customers will be moving across and as marketers need to track and measure the customer journey. Integrations is a huge decision when buying and implementing software and often it is used on the sales side to sell. 

Also, if we see your platforms help convert customers it makes the product sticky and makes it more valuable to use and harder to leave. But as customers upgrade to GA4 they now can’t track the effectiveness of Typeform and VideoAsk. 

And given all that they HAVE done and what is still on the roadmap, how big a percentage of your stack is currently represented by Typeform? 

It’s not a question of how big a percentage, but, how big a role does typeform play in customers that use GA to track the customer journey.

I understand the requirements to track the customer journey but am curious about what people have in their stack and ‘the rate of change’/updates/maintenance that is caused by trying to ‘keep up with the joneses’ 

It isn’t “keeping up the joneses” it simply keeping up with what people are using today because when I go to implement a software I first see the features and then how it integrates. If both boxes are ticked then it’s a go ahead, if not I have to keep going until I find the right solution. This is one of those cases and it sucks to be me because I love the TypeForm/VideoAsk product as they are truly amazing tech. 

Also, “I’m afraid this isn’t currently on the roadmap”, which means that it’s not something that the team are considering, so from a marketers perspective it moves them further away from their goal therefore makes it harder to make that buying decision, help their customers and so fourth.

And given all that they HAVE done and what is still on the roadmap. 

Typeform and VideoAsk are two huge products that have shifted the way we can drive more leads and conversions and i’m happy they exist, the team should be very proud of what they have built.  

If you do have resources to put towards building this integration it would great, if not all good, just makes it harder for us the customer

I hope this gives you one persons perspective and I hope this is received as positive feedback. 

Thank for your time

Nigel

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Thanks Nigel.. from one user of the tool to another, I hope that Typeform can take on these comments and react. 

:pray_tone3::pray_tone3::pray_tone3::pray_tone3:

Always nice to chat tech!

Hi,

Does anybody know if it is possible to implement typeform tracking in GA4 via Google Tag Manager?

There seems to be data flowing into the GA 4 property. However, not to all forms, we are still looking for a reason for this.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @Jan Schnakenberg I’m afraid our integration doesn’t support GA4. You can read more about this and workarounds for it here

Hi @Liz,

Thanks for your swift reply. However, there are some page views in our GA4 reports showing typeform views (in the regular reports less than in the real-time dashboard) furthermore also events are tracked. But as I mentioned only for some of our forms. Attached some screenshots for evidence 😁

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Thanks, @Jan Schnakenberg ! This isn’t a feature we support, so I would still suggest using the workaround here to be sure all of your data appears in Google Analytics. 

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

Hi @Liz, with Universal Analytics being sunset next July 2023, when do you expect Typeform to support GA4? We are aiming to have all data transferred over to GA4 by July 2022 so that we can have YoY data in July 2023. If you could advise on Typeform’s plans - it would help our data planning.

Thanks!

Sarah

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @sarahnestanalytics This isn’t something we have planned to support, but I would suggest following the workarounds above for the time being. If anything changes, we’ll post an update here. 

Userlevel 1

Hi @Liz , I’m wondering if Typeform is going to commit to supporting GA4, especially now as many of your customers will be needing this (as Universal will be discontinued next year), or have to look for another form solution that supports GA4. 

We would love to continue to use Typeform, but require a platform that can connect to GA4 in the future.

Thanks

Matt

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hello, all! Just a small update that we do support GA4 now. You can read more about it below: