Mass edit of forms or questions

• 15 August 2022
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +2

Hey,

This is perhaps an optimistic question, but it came to mind after the great new changes. (Removing question numbers and randomizing answers on ranking block.)

As I’m hopeful that even more cool new features will be added, it made me wonder if there are some options for mass editing typeforms? For instance, to quickly remove numbers from dozens or even hundreds of typeforms? Or perhaps to add randomized answers to all ranking block questions in all forms a given workspace?

I know that some such mass edits can be done through the APIs, either using the Postman collection (have I mentioned how ridiculously useful that demo is?) with a bit of tweaking in a text editor, but most such mass editing scenarios will probably require a bit of coding.

I’m not sure precisely what such a mass edit would look like, but I imagine that it would be useful in quite a few cases.

Is this something that’s feasible?

Regards,

Mikkel

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @Mikkel Happy Tuesday! I hope you’re having a great week so far. Thanks for stopping by and for sharing your use case! I’m afraid this isn’t a feature on the roadmap, but if anything changes, I’ll post so here. 😁

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Can you let us know why the possibility of mass editing typeforms would be helpful for your use case, @Mikkel

Userlevel 4
Badge +2

Thank you, @Liz!

Certainly, @Gabi Amaral.

We have a number of typeforms which are both fairly similar to each other, and will have a lot of questions (100+). In case of cool new options on the questions, if we wish to enable the non-default alternative, we would have to manually go through a lot of forms and questions. It’d be time-consuming, not to mention very susceptible to mistakes.

An overview that allows one to quickly modify a lot of forms/questions would make such a process far easier. Admittedly, there are probably quite a few potential pitfalls with such a functionality...

To be honest, if that need arises for us, I’ll probably end up making a simple Python snippet to update the forms/questions using the Create API. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Ah, I understand @Mikkel! It makes sense! I'll add this a product feature request so our product team can be aware of this. In the meantime, we'll keep you posted! 😉

Userlevel 4
Badge +2

Much obliged, @Gabi Amaral 😊