Mobile Embed Formatting Issue

Userlevel 1
Badge

Unit 1 here is the Typeform she used and I have attached the image she sent me. Thank you

20 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge

Anyone know why someone using an Android can’t type in the form? When she clicks to type, it zooms in really close, brings up the keyboard, but won’t let her type.

Thank you!!

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @InspiringMEntor I’ve moved your topic to a new thread since this seems to be a separate issue. 

Can you provide the URL where we can find the embed? Thanks!

Userlevel 1
Badge

Thank you!

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Thanks, @InspiringMEntor , though I’ll need the URL where the form is embedded. 

Userlevel 1
Badge

Here you go - 

Thank you

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@InspiringMEntor - i think what @Liz is looking for is the website url where you have the form embedded NOT the typeform direct link.. 

Userlevel 1
Badge

https://inspiringmentor.passion.io/

Is this what you are needing?

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

@InspiringMEntor Yes! Though, I don’t see the Typeform on this page (or I’m missing it). Is the typeform embedded at this URL? 

Userlevel 1
Badge

Yes….I first gave you the link to the Typeform itself and it’s embedded into the app.

How about this -  Typeform: https://inspiringmentor.typeform.com/to/kOzLQNDw

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @InspiringMEntor Hm, I’m still not seeing it at the top of the webpage. Do you mind sending a screenshot of where it is specifically on the embedded page? 

Userlevel 1
Badge

We learned that you have to use the Samsung browser and not the Google Chrome browser on a Android. not sure why but I definitely have your programmers look into that.  

Also, why does an ad for type form pop up after they submit their responses. With a premium level I don’t think that’s appropriate. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@InspiringMEntor - check your form to see if there is a default ending page that exists. that might be the cause of the ad for typeform..if you delete that ending page that typically goes away. 

des

We learned that you have to use the Samsung browser and not the Google Chrome browser on a Android. not sure why but I definitely have your programmers look into that.  

Also, why does an ad for type form pop up after they submit their responses. With a premium level I don’t think that’s appropriate. 

I’m experiencing the same behavior on mobile when using Chrome mobile on different devices. Chrome is the #1 mobile browser so this issue should be top priority in offering a fix.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

@dhilsonjr Could you send us the URL where you have the form embedded so we can take a look? 

@dhilsonjr Could you send us the URL where you have the form embedded so we can take a look? 

Sure thing. See link below. To reproduce this behavior you have to view the link on an Android mobile device with Google Chrome.

https://www.proliant.com/shrm-2022-qr-raffle

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @dhilsonjr thanks! We recommend the minimum height is 500px. Do you mind giving that a try?

@Liz I have tweaked the height to 500px and still experience the same zooming in behavior on mobile.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Thanks, @dhilsonjr  for giving that a go. @mathio do you happen to know what the issue might be? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hello all,

this is a known bug in Chrome mobile browser and unfortunately has been around for a very long time. There is nothing we can do on our side, you need to add viewport meta tag to your page to prevent zooming, like this:

<meta name="viewport" content="width=device-width, initial-scale=1, maximum-scale=1, user-scalable=no, viewport-fit=cover">

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Thanks, @mathio !