Workflows

How to connect Typeform to your ticketing platform with Integromat

• 2 November 2021
  • 10 replies
How to connect Typeform to your ticketing platform with Integromat
Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Heya friends and fellow Typeform users! Hope you’re all well and enjoying a magnificent start of Autumn! I know I am. Pumpkin spice lattes all over the place :maple_leaf::jack_o_lantern:

Anyway, the time has come for me to share yet another piece on working the Typeform automation magic with Integromat. Today, we have a great one coming. Ever found yourself in the need of generating support tickets from Typeform responses? Well, you better put seatbelts on your ears, cos that’s exactly what we’ll be discussing today! 

Why connect Typeform to a ticketing system?

Not sure why you should be wanting to do such a thing in the first place? Let me present to you a brief trinity of reasons:

1. Simplicity: if you’re not that keen on having an entire customer portal on your website, this might be your solution

2. No missing information: thanks to the structure of the form which will not let the customer submit unless all the necessary info is included, you’ll never receive vague tickets such as “this is not working” again

3. Time-efficiency: thanks to the way the submissions are collected and stored, your agents will no longer have to sift through paragraphs and paragraphs of text when getting to the nitty-gritty of the issue

Typeform and ticketing systems

If you’re a die-hard Typeform fan, you’re probably well aware that there are a bunch of great native integrations within the realm of customer support automation. There are, for example, the Freshdesk and Zoho Desk integrations, both of which easily turn your Typeform responses into tickets. Super helpful indeedely-doo

When would you start thinking about introducing Integromat to your ticket-creation processes, then? Excellent question, so glad you asked!

Inviting Integromat to the party

Generally speaking, Integromat brings amazing flexibility to your automations. You can think of it as a yoga routine for your processes. Sounds lovely but also pretty vague, right? That’s why I decided to illustrate the main reasons why Integromat is an option to consider with a bunch of specific pre-made templates.  

1. A whole range of ticketing platforms to work with

If you’d like to connect your form to a ticketing system that currently does not integrate with Typeform, Integromat is here to help. For a better understanding of what that might mean, you can check out these templates:

t7zSCR9i8UHCuEKkckKLQ23ewmgmu3q632KwiLCN6551PDB_O5GgwI4RE8GmBMrACOTp6AURWgVQiHqb2eLHUuSkThmobs2GCoFX6RB_GoH6QJjXlrXgbxuKkRnuImNZnLCWLpKR

exfP55P1r3nAEQzPhPWIDw2_iNr2cyGGrQRZUjDZE3pwcNVLY5SapqXInmZqQqi31U4_YUgBmqRjKMCC5p2wT1o2J2f2iReIHzIBhC0alNWx61NsZna9iuzEdyOyo8vSaKUFAw9K

In a totes similar manner, you can connect Typeform to any of the customer support services available on Integromat. These are a few of them, just to give you an example:

dugoUb2WpuBqYs5h8h5nFAC-t3jxroycQG4oqafYWD29QzbCVXkdBeRwGu3L-SDQcJTSKzRExWJ4do6xCxTaod2idAmDQkp-0qQo4fGNn8SgNmtHnqdS9eF_Re3bC5RykGMTz95N

2. Building non-linear workflows

Looking to include a number of pathways in your automations? Say no more. Thanks to Integromat’s tool called the ‘router’, you get to send your data to multiple branches of your automated workflows.

Let’s imagine that you’re a Freshdesk and Typeform user wanting to add advanced functionality to your automations. Well, dear user,  this Integromat template might give you some interesting ideas.

The template watches for new Typeform responses and automatically creates

• A matching Freshdesk ticket

• A corresponding ClickUp task

• A matching HubSpot contact

p-vIpzXeHvU2ggknKOlb1f2YAS8ewSyIsUaddXuzZRDerDXSxXKQo1gIKlXS7PfcxLinrvd4afm-hNS5ui46fAnK3KMyY016CHuEkIgNxKAqd0iZt8RXIO03JeDCdq9bzL4QEDJ3

Thanks to this beauty, you can keep all the info about your clients, their issues, and the tasks related to them in perfect sync. 

3. Multiple steps + conditional logic

If you’re trying to automate processes that include more than two steps, you are about to be super pumped. With Integromat, you can create automations with as many steps as you need. That’s right. All of the steps! The fact that you can also easily manipulate your data by using an in-built system of filters and functions is pure icing on cake.   

Let me, once again, showcase what has been said with a specific template. Here, Integromat listens for new Typeform responses and checks Zoho Desk to see whether a matching contact already exists. It then either creates a new ticket associated with the existing contact or it creates a new contact and immediately generates an associated ticket. Marvellous, isn’t it?

3Bl4ZRbol77BJzbVYPn2eQFcZ_o4U3Hrmz35RKdCP8z1pVylBdahv3g2dVU-wTYf7t_0gplNKtRKxqNxkXiP2nw2wtToDluJQLi9w6pe8Nsx-bQxEuxu03l26gI0DIeimYgo3hyv

The amazing thing about Integromat is that you can take any of the above-mentioned ideas and 

• Extend it

• Shorten it

• Branch it out 

• Add more apps

• You name it

In short, you can create automations that cater to your specific needs.

Oh, I must not forget. If it tickles your fancy, you can check out this tutorial that walks you through the setup of the above-mentioned Typeform-Zendesk template

As you can probably tell, I could talk about creating scenarios built around Typeform forever :sweat_smile:. I’m not so sure you would be willing to keep reading on forever, though, so I’m gonna call it a day for now. 

Let me close this off by saying that if you’d like to explore the Interomat possibilities, you can sign up for a free account and get the proverbial ball rolling.

Finally, the good old curious me would love to know - do we have any Typeform-ticketing platform automaters in the house? Let me know in the comments below, I am super eager to hear everything!

10 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Oo! Thank you for this, @Michaela ! @SPDYM you might find this helpful.

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Ohhhh I am always happy to share some of that automation fun @Liz :blush:

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@Michaela - nice to see you folks getting some recognition with your platform:

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Heya @john.desborough , thank you so much for the kinds words! :pray:  :blush:

We are all beyond stoked about this. It truly is magical to be included in the Magic Quadrant 🪄

(omg that joke belongs here, doesn’t it, haha, shame on me!)

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@Michaela 

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

@Michaela 

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@Michaela

Ohhh @Liz you know me so well :heart::smile:

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hehe I needed a good excuse for a Titus gif, @Michaela !

Badge +5

I hear this is something Typeform itself will do in the near future :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:  

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Well that is great news @Gabriel :muscle::zap:

You guys are doing a great job :blush: