video guide

How to display a summary before submitting the form

• 1 July 2021
  • 3 replies
How to display a summary before submitting the form
Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hello Community! I hope your day is going well. 

Looking to display a summary with the respondent's responses before they submit the form? Follow the steps below in order to achieve that! :hugging:

To get started, you'll need to add all the questions you want to ask your respondents. Once done, add a Yes/No question asking if they are happy with their choices:

To show their previous responses, just type @ and you'll be able to see all the questions you've added previously:

Then, add a logic jump such as the example below (this will send the respondent back to the questions again if they decide to change something): 

Extra tip: you're willing to display the summary but you don't want to ask if they're happy with the responses (or if they'd like to change it), you can add a Statement instead of a Yes/No question. In this case, skip the Logic jump step.

Don't forget to publish your form to be able to collect responses! It's also recommended that you test it to make sure the whole flow makes sense 😉 As always, let us know if you have any questions or suggestions!

Have a good one.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@Mariana - very nice summary … that will help may folks out immensely.. this is exactly what i have been doing on my assessments, etc. 

The only thing I would add is that you can use this technique as well inside a question group, to be sure that the user is happy with the responses before they move on to the next question group in the logic flow. 

two thumbs up to you!!

des

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Thanks so much @john.desborough :hugging:

Using this technique for question groups is great indeed! I haven't thought about that but this is definitely recommended for long forms. Ten thumbs up to you!! :stuck_out_tongue:

Badge +5

Nice one, Mariana. Love it when we get guides out there that people always ask for :muscle_tone3: