Answered

VideoAsk Product Updates

• 10 November 2021
  • 12 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +1

Hi all 👋

I was wondering if the team could give us either an update (or a sneak peek) on what features are coming next to VideoAsk! I check the ‘Product Updates’ page pretty much daily to see what new things are on the horizon 😅

I also thought it would be good to have a discussion with other community members around what features/ideas you’d like to see come to the VideoAsk platform?

(apologies if there is another thread with this topic - I couldn’t seem to find one)

icon

Best answer by Grace 10 November 2021, 17:44

View original

12 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @Mark.T This is a great question! We’re working on adding VideoAsk to the community, but until we do, @Maya or @Grace may have some suggestions on where to get product updates. :grinning:

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hey @Mark.T very pleased to hear you’re keen to learn more about what’s coming next in VideoAsk!

We’re currently in the process of revamping the product updates section in-app so hopefully you will start seeing more info there again soon, in the meantime hopefully you are also receiving our monthly Product Digest via email which includes all the latest updates and top tips from the team.

The latest updates include:

• Improvements to our Hubspot integration - now you can map contact fields and steps from VideoAsk to Hubspot.
  • Introducing the Trash Folder! Now if you delete a videoask it will land in your trash folder, so accidental deletions should be minimized! :fingers_crossed:
  • New templates - We’ve added to our templates library in VideoAsk so there are more funnels and flows to get inspired by.
  • Duplicate a step - before you could duplicate a videoask, but now you can also duplicate a step which could come in handy if you’re creating a funnel with multiple steps that follow a similar setup.
  • Answer a live call on the go! - We’ve updated the live call feature so now if you’re an iOS app user you can answer live calls through VideoAsk whilst you’re on the move.
  • Customize your end screen - if you’re on a paid plan you can edit the color and text of your end screen and now switch on the share via social media icons, and a logo.

We’ve also added on some more hidden parameters, including fullscreen mode (?fullscreen) and you can now add in step titles in the build area to help tidy up and keep track of each step.

If there are any features or updates you’d like me to delve a bit deeper into, let me know, it would be great to kick off some more conversations in the community and find out how other members are using VideoAsk!

Grace

Userlevel 4
Badge +1

Hey @Grace 

Sorry for the very delayed response! Thank you so much for the reply - that’s great to hear :)

I did clock all of those new releases - which are very excited. Very much looking forward to seeing what else is on the horizon ;)

Thanks!

Mark

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Same, @Mark.T , same!! I’m excited about the live call feature!!

Userlevel 4
Badge +1

@Liz it’s pretty damn awesome :D Love the ‘answer machine’ feature too!

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Very excited for what next year will bring to VideoAsk, the team are busy working on some improvements to various features right now so hopefully there will be some more updates to share soon!

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

@Mark.T Yes!! Even the step titles is a cool feature that’s so helpful!

Hey @Mark.T very pleased to hear you’re keen to learn more about what’s coming next in VideoAsk!

We’re currently in the process of revamping the product updates section in-app so hopefully you will start seeing more info there again soon, in the meantime hopefully you are also receiving our monthly Product Digest via email which includes all the latest updates and top tips from the team.

The latest updates include:

• Improvements to our Hubspot integration - now you can map contact fields and steps from VideoAsk to Hubspot.
  • Introducing the Trash Folder! Now if you delete a videoask it will land in your trash folder, so accidental deletions should be minimized! :fingers_crossed:
  • New templates - We’ve added to our templates library in VideoAsk so there are more funnels and flows to get inspired by.
  • Duplicate a step - before you could duplicate a videoask, but now you can also duplicate a step which could come in handy if you’re creating a funnel with multiple steps that follow a similar setup.
  • Answer a live call on the go! - We’ve updated the live call feature so now if you’re an iOS app user you can answer live calls through VideoAsk whilst you’re on the move.
  • Customize your end screen - if you’re on a paid plan you can edit the color and text of your end screen and now switch on the share via social media icons, and a logo.

We’ve also added on some more hidden parameters, including fullscreen mode (?fullscreen) and you can now add in step titles in the build area to help tidy up and keep track of each step.

If there are any features or updates you’d like me to delve a bit deeper into, let me know, it would be great to kick off some more conversations in the community and find out how other members are using VideoAsk!

Grace

I am also satisfied with this answer.

Userlevel 3
Badge +2

Would be delighted to get a similar VideoAsk product update on what’s on the roadmap coming up (about 1 year later from the previous update ). 

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hey @Dana thanks for stopping by!

We post updates in the Community every month, you can check out what’s new in VideoAsk over in the product news section here.

At the moment we’re not releasing information on what’s on the roadmap but let us know if you have any feature requests or feedback as we’re always happy to hear it 😊

Userlevel 2
Badge

Thanks for all your replies on this thread. It is really helpful as a new VideoAsk user to learn more. Just wondering if having separate contact forms with differing fields to be used in the same VideoAsk may be in the horizon? Just as different answers ideally for me need to have a little bit more customization for the form entry. Thanks!

Userlevel 5
Badge +3

Hey @Ash.NZ 👋 Thanks for sharing your thoughts here in the Community. Hope you’re enjoying VideoAsk so far!

Right now it’s possible to add multiple contact forms to a videoask, however, the contact form fields would be the same for each.

What you’re looking to do would require two changes on our side:
1) Having the ability to add custom fields to the contact form.
2) Having the ability to have multiple contact forms in a videoask, with different fields enabled on each.

We have existing feature requests for both of these, so I’m going to add an upvote to those on your behalf. 🙂 These aren’t on our roadmap for this year, however, the ability to add custom fields to a contact form is a popular request, so it may be something our Product team considers next year!

Just thinking about some workarounds that may help, depending on what info you’re needing to collect. You could create additional text steps which collect information you need, or you could redirect to different videoasks, so you can have a unique contact form for each route/flow.

What’s your use case and what sort of data are you hoping to collect?