Answered

Email notifications of new typeforms being completed has stopped

• 5 February 2021
  • 28 replies

Userlevel 1

Hi, I have been using type forms for years, not problem, great stuff! But since 20th January the emails that used to come notifying me of new forms being completed have stopped. This is the Typeform ones, not via Zapier. 
I have check my forms, check the email address , check that function is turned on, checked I have set up any rules in gmail that delete them, so I am at a loss as to why I don't receive them any more?

Any suggestions please?

cheers, David

icon

Best answer by Mariana 5 February 2021, 11:25

View original

28 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi David! Thanks for joining our community! 🎉 I'm glad to hear you've been using typeform for a while and it's been a good experience. 

Can you add your email again to the email notification settings, and then publish the form? In some cases, the email set up is correct but the last version of the form isn't published. Let me know if this works! 

Userlevel 1

Thanks, I’ll give it a go, but it does seem to be occurring over a few different forms, not just 1, cheers

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hey David.

Thanks for letting me know that. Did you manage to solve the issue with the notifications? We hope so! Please keep us posted =)

Userlevel 1

Hi Mariana, 

Things appear to be working now. I chose a different email address and put that in the field and published the form. A colleague told me he was still getting a copy to his address so I believe the issue may be with my mail server instead. It's all good for now though. Thank you

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Could it be because you have auto spammed yourself with all the different testing? 🤔

Take a look in your SPAM folder, the notifications email could be hiding over there.

That could have happened if you did a lot of testing in a short period of time. It looked suspicious and got tagged as spam.

Userlevel 1

not in this case picsoung, I had been operating these forms for a couple of years, then they stopped, I feel its an issue in my mail server now, but will see what I can find.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

I see @shedblog. Please let us know if there is anything the community team can do for you! =)

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hey @shedblog. Happy Friday!

Did you manage to solve this? I hope so, would love to hear some good news today. :) 

Userlevel 1

Hi Mariana, Everything seems to be working better now. I changed the email address they send the notice to and republished the forms. I haven't identified why they stopped working in the first case but for now, I will just go with the fact they are working again now.  cheers 

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

That's great, @shedblog! Thanks for confirming 🎉 Hopefully this won't happen anymore. 

Kind regards and greetings from Barcelona.  

@Mariana I’ve been having the same issue, and updated emails and republished and still not getting notifications, please advise.

Thanks!

Ella

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Oftentimes the email notifications are sent to spam or are blocked by your email service. I’d suggest double checking your spam inbox, and if they aren’t there, check with your email provider to be sure they aren’t blocking the emails, @ellachase .

@Liz Thank you, I’ve done that, and still nothing. This problem only began in January, prior it was working normally. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hm, that’s strange. Our support team would need to take a peek at the backend to see if there are any errors. Would you mind reaching out to them here from your account email? You’ll want to choose the technical option to be routed to the right team!

I am not receiving email notifications when new typeforms are completed. I’ve checked to make sure the feature is turned on, checked the email address listed and it’s still not working. Help! 

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @hcop. Welcome to the Typeform Community! =) 

I moved your question here so we centralize the conversation. Can you add your email again to the email notification settings, and then publish the form? In some cases, this is just because the last version of the form isn't published. :relaxed:

Let us know if this helps to fix the issue.

Thank you! I will let you know if that works. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Sounds good! Looking forward to hearing good news ;)

That worked! Thank you.

I have a similar issue, I am getting notifications to the first email address.  I have added another email address and it will not come through, saved, published and checked spam… NOthing Please help. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

HI @Baskets of Blessing Could you send a screenshot of your notification settings? Thanks in advance!

Only the first email notification comes though.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Ah, thank you! I wonder if it the email address is blocked by chance. I would suggest reaching out to our support team here to see if they can check the backend for this. 

I am still having this issue, as a last solution I’ve integrated zapier but paying money for it too. I’ve tried with my 2 typeform accounts, both same.