Answered

Ending that is tailored based on the answers and savable as a PDF?

Userlevel 1

Hey Typeform Community!

Love the logic mapping that allows personalized tests. What I’m trying to sort out for work is the use of typeform as a method to develop individualized development plans for each respondent (that’s generated as an ending).

Ie: What their name is, what role they have, if they have the certs needed, what certs to get, what order to get them in, etc.

This platform seems fantastic at making the questionnaire incredibly user friendly but our respondents would need to be able to read the individual results and in their current format they’re unreadable to non-computer literate people.

Is there a way that a button could be made to “Screen shot” the results as a png, or save it as a pdf?

If not that then is there an integration tool that would be able to send the respondent and myself an easier to understand individual response?

icon

Best answer by Liz 2 May 2022, 15:55

View original

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @Mark76 Happy Monday! I hope you had a great weekend. If you haven’t already seen, we have a really cool workaround for this with step-by-step instructions below: 

I’d suggest using this idea because then you can customize the PDF exactly to how you would like it. 😀

Userlevel 1

Hey @Liz!

Thanks for the quick reply! I’ll give this a try today and see if it works for our purposes.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Let us know how it goes, @Mark76 !!

Userlevel 1

Hey @Liz!

That’s a really ingenious workaround (love the workspace invaders btw!), unfortunately it’s not quite what we need.

Where Locu.ly has 45 pre-made pdfs and generates an email to their client, we would need the data provided by the respondent to “fill in” sections of the pdf.

Typeform’s “endings” that allows recall of information from the survey, would work perfectly if I could only make it available for download/upload to a drive/emailed to me/ etc.

Like the below:

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@Mark76 - you could use the notifications setting and send yourself the details in an email the same way you have laid it out. 

you could also Connect the typeform to Google sheets and use something like Document Studio 9an add-on) to merge the data record into a template document to create the pdf and mail it out. 

just a thought

des

Userlevel 1

@john.desborough - Your recommendation is the best one Typeform seems to be able to provide! Thanks so much for the suggestion.

There is an issue in that, where I can have multiple endings that tailor advice depending on the questions, using the notification via email I can only have one tailored response. This would be easily resolved if there is a way to make the “notification via email” that is sent different, depending on what ending is reached. Until that or something akin to that is done (such as whatever ending is reached automatically being emailed to the typeform quiz maker) then individualized advice in a retainable document (not just a fleeting Ending Screen) seems impossible.

My hope is that this is a feature that will be implemented in the future! Or that I am merely missing an obvious fix 😂

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

@Mark76 The notification feature you mentioned is something we’re working on! 🤗 There’s no definite date when it will be released (as it’s a long ways out), but keep your eyes peeled.