Question

Is anyone else having issues with the Upload file feature?

Userlevel 1

We have a form that allows our customers to upload a file under 10MB. We have never had an issue with this feature until now. No matter the file size or type it keeps giving an error message. Is anyone else having this issue or have advice on how to solve the problem?

15 replies

We have a form that allows our customers to upload a file under 10MB. We have never had an issue with this feature until now. No matter the file size or type it keeps giving an error message. Is anyone else having this issue or have advice on how to solve the problem?

Yes i am having the exact same issue.

Have you had any luck rectifying the issue?

Userlevel 1

@ZEST Unfortunately not, however if I ever hear from support I will let you know! Makes me think there is a bigger glitch happening with the upload file feature in typeform….

Userlevel 2
Badge

I have the same issue yesterday but only with a few users not all. I got them to clear cookies/cache and that didn’t work. Changing browser worked for one, going to igocnitio worked for another but this isn’t ideal it’s just suddenly stopped working. 

I got them to try multiple files under 10MB, refreshing, changing browser, clearing cookies etc. Still got a problem for some. However others use the form fine?! 

Badge +5

@ZEST Unfortunately not, however if I ever hear from support I will let you know! Makes me think there is a bigger glitch happening with the upload file feature in typeform….

Did you hear from the support team @Wausau Homes Otherwise let us know and we’ll have a look around for you! 

More importantly, is the issue still happening for you both cc @Welland ?

Userlevel 2
Badge

Did you hear from the support team @Wausau Homes Otherwise let us know and we’ll have a look around for you! 

More importantly, is the issue still happening for you both cc @Welland ?

Yes it is but I can’t replicate it, its an internal form and most staff don’t have a problem but 3 people do. It won’t allow any uploads, Ive got them to clear cookies, refresh, try uploading any other document etc and it still won’t work. File size is under 10MB

Userlevel 1

@Gabriel I did not hear from the support team. Is there another way I can contact them or submit a ticket? The problem is still happening and just like @Welland I have not found a solution to fix the problem after trying multiple different troubleshooting things. 

Badge +5

That’s strange. I’be been told the issue was fixed. Let me double check and I’ll keep you posted. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@Gabriel I did not hear from the support team. Is there another way I can contact them or submit a ticket? The problem is still happening and just like @Welland I have not found a solution to fix the problem after trying multiple different troubleshooting things. 

@Wausau Homes here’s the link to create a support ticket

note that i have seen this issue in the past with some folks who hit the limit of their file storage capacity on Typeform.. not very often but one or two of the clients i have dealt with have noted this.. 

des

Userlevel 1

@john.desborough Thank you for the support link. I also thought maybe the file storage capacity was the original issue, but I deleted all old form responses to free up the space and that did not fix the issue.

Userlevel 1

@Gabriel Please let me know what you find out as it is affecting three of our forms currently.

Badge +5

Thanks for the info! You will receive a DM from @Liz, she can try and locate your support ticket. We couldn’t find anything on the address you have registered here in the community 🧐

I am very new to Typeform, and am having a similar issue. My respondent let me know that they received an “unknown error” message when trying to upload a file. Because the field was set to “required” they were not able to submit their form. The form in a lengthy intake form. I toggled off the required slider and published. My respondent now says their form is blank and the work is lost. 

Can anyone advise me on this issue of un-submitted form input retrieval?

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

@Wausau Homes were you able to receive a response from the support team to fix the issue? 

This issue just started for me as well.  Is there a status update?

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @akrynicki Could you send the URL of your form so we can test the issue? Thanks!