Answered

Need a calculator for a sales goal formula

Userlevel 1

I have a sales goal formula that I’d like to set up a form for my clients to work through the formula. 

I’d need to set the form up so as they work through the formula it calculates as it goes. 

Question 1: What’s your annual sales goal? For example $250,000

Question 2: What is your average revenue per client? 

First calculation: sales goals divided by average revenue per client= total number of clients needed to hit your goal. 

Question 3: What is your closing ratio? 

Second calculation: total from first calculation divided by closing ratio = total number of leads to generate to hit goal. 

Question 4: how many weeks are you going to dedicate to hitting your goal

Third calculation: number of leads to generate divided by # of working weeks= number of leads to generate per week

Question 5: how many days per week are you going to dedicate to hitting your goal

Four calculation: number of leads to generate per week divided by working days 

I’m at a loss on how to set up the logic. I’ve been working on this for a while now and keep running into dead ends. Any help would be greatly appreciated. 

icon

Best answer by john.desborough 4 March 2021, 05:02

View original

10 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@Natalie Klun - this comes to you from a user of the tool 

the logic steps for this are fairly straightforward to set up this set of calculations if you are using the new builder (as opposed to the classic version) - there is an example of types of calculations that are reliant upon inputs in the BMI calculator example which you should see over the right of the screen under Related topics heading . 

that being said here is how i would approach it:

• create variables: clients_needed, closing_ratio, leads_needed

Question 1: What’s your annual sales goal? For example $250,000

• create calculation: if q1 greater than 0 then add q1 to variable clients_needed

Question 2: What is your average revenue per client? 

First calculation: sales goals divided by average revenue per client= total number of clients needed to hit your goal. 

• create calculation: if q2 answer is greater than zero, then divide variable clients_needed by q2
    • since the variable was the sales $$ you now have the total dollar goal divided by rev per client as the value in the variable clients_needed

Question 3: What is your closing ratio? 

Second calculation: total from first calculation divided by closing ratio = total number of leads to generate to hit goal. 

• ask for the closing ratio to be entered in as a whole number ie entering 40 means 40%
  • create calculations
    • if q3 is greater than zero, add q3 to variable closing_ratio
    • if variable closing_ratio is greater than zero, divide closing ratio by 100 (to get to a decimal number)
    • if variable clients_needed is greater than zero, add variable clients_needed to leads_needed
    • if variable closing ratio is greater than zero, divide leads_needed by closing_ratio (this should divide the number of clients by the closing ratio percentage you want)

Question 4: how many weeks are you going to dedicate to hitting your goal

Third calculation: number of leads to generate divided by # of working weeks= number of leads to generate per week

• create calculation: if q4 is greater than zero, divide leads_needed by q4 

Question 5: how many days per week are you going to dedicate to hitting your goal

Four calculation: number of leads to generate per week divided by working days 

• create calculation: if q5 is greater than zero, divide leads_needed by q5 

that should get you to the figures you need.. i have not tested it in the form but it seems to be similar in nature to some of the calculation logic that i have tested out in other forms of my own. 

all that might be completely irrelevant once one of the real Typeformers gets to look at this .. 

cheers and good luck 

des

Userlevel 1

@john.desborough I greatly appreciate you taking the time to help get me moving in the right direction. I”m not sure if have access to the new builder so I’ll reach out to customer support to make sure I’m working with the new builder vs. classic. I will definitely keep you posted on the outcome of getting my sales goals formula form up and working. Again thank you thank you! 

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hey @john.desborough thanks so much for this insighful response! :hugging:  And @Natalie Klun, welcome to the Typeform Community! :grin:

For more details about having access to the New Builder, I'd recommend you check this thread:

Please let us know if there is anything else the community team can do for you :) 

Userlevel 1

@john.desborough thanks again for your input… it works flawlessly up to question 4 and then it calculates 0 after dividing leads_needed by q4. I’ve been racking my brain and can’t get it to calculate this simple calculation. I followed your input to the T. Any thoughts on something I might be missing? 

Userlevel 1

@john.desborough disregard my last comment. I figured it out! Your input works flawlessly and I’m beyond grateful for your help! Thank you :) 

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@Natalie Klun @Mariana 

check this out..   that is my test run of the same logic and i showed screen caps of logic for q4 and q5

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@john.desborough disregard my last comment. I figured it out! Your input works flawlessly and I’m beyond grateful for your help! Thank you :) 

lol.. @Natalie Klun i was just finishing up my test walk for the previous post and only saw yours after i posted.. lol

enjoy

des

Userlevel 1

@john.desborough thank you again! I wouldn’t have been able to have pulled this off without you. I am truly grateful. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Woohoo!!! Thanks, @john.desborough:smiley:

1 व्यक्ति को यह पसंद है