Answered

Best practices for asking for email and Calendly call?

• 27 April 2024
  • 7 replies

Userlevel 1

Two questions:

EMAIL

I tested the same quiz asking and not asking for their email. These are the results:

• NOT asking for their email: completion rate: 32%
  • Asking for their email but not mandatorycompletion rate: 15%

I guess they simply don’t get that this field is NOT mandatory…Almost nobody knows that they can skip that with OK or the little arrow on the bottom right.

→ Should I add a question (with logic) before the email form and ask them if they e.g. want to receive an email with additional information? Would that be a better practice?

CALENDLY
Something similar happens with the calendly “card” that is also not mandatory, they don’t get it that they can simply skip it…

Moreover I can’t edit the button label there that says “Send”. btw: that makes no sense at all...it should better be labeled “skip” as if they want to book a meeting they don’t have to press this button….

→ Should I add a question (with logic) before the calendly card and ask them if they e.g. want to book a call to e.g. clarify further questions? Would that be a better practice?

Here is a test version of the quiz if you want to check it out.

Thanks for your input.

Cheers,
Cesare

icon

Best answer by Liz 29 April 2024, 12:38

View original

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @Cesare thanks for stopping by and sharing this! We love taking a look at typeforms. If possible, I would definitely try asking a question that asks whether they want to book a call/receive more info before they see that question. 

But before trying this, a question that might help with my answer, how are your respondents accessing the form? Is it on your website as the first form they see? 

Userlevel 1

Hi @Liz,

Its a pop-up on our webpage that show up after they have scrolled 30% of home or FAQ.

Later on I would like also to test how it goes if I put it after 60 or 90%.

I added a question now before asking them for their email and if they want to receive a call.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @Cesare Oh got it! Ok then yes, definitely see if that helps change things!

It also might be worth offering something right on the welcome screen to prevent them from closing the form (and thus, provide you with their info). My German is….nonexistent, so apologies if you did do this already! 😅

Userlevel 1

Hi @Liz,
What could I offer them right at the beginning?... Could you give me some general examples for that. Not sure if I understand what you mean. What kind of stuff would you offer them right at the beginning in our context?

I could give them a link (that opens in another tab) to an interview done with the founder of Metabolic Balance that explains why he created the program and gives also an in-depth explanation of how it works.

But if I do that I will distract them from filling out the quiz and maybe also lead them away from our website. Is this a good idea?

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @Cesare Do you mind sending the URL to your website? Let me take a look and see! (And I think the Google translate feature works better on a website, too, so I can get a better idea of what you do.)

Userlevel 1

@Liz : sure, there is a English version of our website as well: https://www.metabolic4you.ch/en/, though the quiz won’t pop-up there yet.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @Cesare no worries - I at least can read it a bit better! 😂 Maybe on the welcome screen, you could also add the bit about providing a free info session. I know it’s already on the main page of your website, but sometimes people really need to be shown it a lot. It should hopefully help with conversions, too!