Answered

How to create questions while working through logic instead of all questions first

• 11 April 2024
  • 2 replies

Greetings,

I tend to find myself in a more enjoyable flow when I can create questions while working through logic.

Example below.

Using Logic as we go:

• Do you prefer email or text messages
    • If email selected: What is your email address
    • if text selected: What is your mobile phone number.
  • On to the next question.

Within Typeform, it seems I have to think up the questions first and then go into logic to connect them.

Typeform method - Type out questions then connect.

• Do you prefer email or text
  • If email….
  • If Text….

Maybe it’s just me (likely me), but rather than typing up multiple questions and then going back to connect, can we type up question one, and then use the conditional logic to create question 2, 3, etc?

Thanks,

icon

Best answer by john.desborough 11 April 2024, 23:15

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@Brian A - best practices would recommend thinking up all your questions first and recording them in a spreadsheet or document (including a mind map, for example) AND documenting the logic flows that you want there. 

then when you get into typeform you can quickly create the questions - copy and paste works well lol - and then go in and put all the logic in place. 

this way you also have the structure and logic of your form that you can review with others - if you do it ‘live’ in typeform, there is no native mechanism to extract a copy of the form or logic to show others. 

just a suggestion

des

Thanks Des for the suggestion on typing it out first in somthing into a spreadsheet. It’s good to have if I ever switched applications or to explain the logic.  

For simple forms with some conditionals, creating it on the fly within logic would be helpful though.