Answered

Typeform doesn't show up when users ignores or denies the main cookie consent of the wesbite

• 24 August 2023
  • 3 replies

Hello everyone,

I recently have created a form with Typeform and wanted to put it online on one of the webpage in my website. After embedding the form into the page, unfortunately users need to accept all the cookie consent related to GDPR compliance in order to even see the cookie consent of Typeform. If users just ignore or deny the main cookie consent, there will be just a blank area where the form supposed to be. Has anyone experienced this before?

Thank you for reading,

Huu

icon

Best answer by Liz 24 August 2023, 16:08

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @huu Thanks for stopping by! I’m afraid if a user does deny cookies on the page, there isn’t really any way to force data or information they’ve chosen not to accept to appear on the page. 

Though, would you mind sharing the URL where you have the form embedded? We’re happy to take a look at the embed and see if there are any suggestions we can give. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hey @huu don’t forget to share your URL so we can take a look at your form 😊

Hello,

I am having the same issue, and the answer seems to be incorrect. The user has not denied consent to show the form, or data from Typeform - they have refused the right for information to be collected through the use of cookies.

If Typeform embeds do not collect data without the consent given in your own cookies consent form, you should be able to engineer a way that the forms can be viewed and completed if someone has globally refused consent.

Suspect it might be time to cancel our subscription. Shame it’s been a long run 10yrs now I think, but this is unsustainable.