Answered

Phone autofill bug on mobile device

• 29 April 2024
  • 8 replies

Hi, 

I have a very big issue an all my forms. Tested on embed forms, direct links, on many websites made by me or competitors.

I have phone field OR contact field with phone number activated. When I autofill phone field with iOS Chrome autosuggest, my phone number is filled but field color is still in grey (placeholder color) instead of black (response color). when I click on Next button or around the field to remove the focus, my phone is replaced by placeholder text.

My iOS Chrome phone suggestion is without regional prefix. Tested on french setup for the phone field. Safari is fine. 

Is anyone have same problem ? You cas test here : https://shorturl.at/jtKV9

Thanks for helping.

icon

Best answer by Grace 8 May 2024, 10:09

View original

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @tchercheuse Thanks for stopping by the community. I just tested with the autofill on my phone, but I don’t receive the gray text box. Do you mind sharing a screenshot of what you’re seeing? Thanks in advance!

Hi,

Here the screencast : https://drive.google.com/file/d/1sl_n3yBI0XTHRuuy3QNlVsHZCCRBBOby/view?usp=sharing

I’m on iPhone 14 Pro + iOS 17.4.1 + Chrome 124

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Thanks, @tchercheuse ! Let me ask the product team about this. 

Thanks.

Hi.

Any update on this ? Is your dev team able to reproduce the issue ?

It’s pretty urgent since some users can’t reach our client customer service this way.

Thanks.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @tchercheuse sorry for the delayed reply on this one, our team have asked if you have any browser extensions enabled? That could be effecting the behaviour.

I would also recommend raising this with our technical support team for extra support if it’s urgent (if you haven’t already) you can create a ticket here

Tested on private navigation. And there is no plugin on mobile device.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @tchercheuse I hate to ask, but do you mind trying on another device to see if it might be a device setting? Thanks again for testing this.