Ungrandfathered?

So I’ve been with Typeform since the beginning and was grandfathered to 100 responses a month, now it’s 10?

I would have considered something reasonable regarding pricing, but come on guys and gals...this service is not worth $25/month and billed annually at $300/year...it’s a rip off!

I’ll be going back to Google documents temporarily and probably integrate something into my website for a fraction of the cost.

12 replies

I really dont get why we have to pay money for other plans. The free plan is ok, it’s just...10 plp a month is crazy less for a limit!!!!!What??!!

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @Weyland ! Thanks for posting in the community. It’s always useful to hear feedback such as this.

We communicated the changes here in the community about 7 months ago and, as you’re well aware, we’re currently in the process of migrating people to the new free plan - which allows 10 responses a month.

We do understand the new free plan will no longer suit the needs of people who need to collect more responses - I’ve passed on the feedback to the product and pricing teams. However, whilst the the response limit has been reduced, we have enabled some advanced features that were not previously available on the free plan, such as Logic Jumps and Calculator.

Whether or not Typeform is good value for money at $25/month depends on your use case and how much value you get out of the tool. May I ask what do you currently use Typeform for?

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @Evie T I’ve added your post here where we have some further information. Let us know if you have any other questions. 😀

Hi @Weyland ! Thanks for posting in the community. It’s always useful to hear feedback such as this.

We communicated the changes here in the community about 7 months ago and, as you’re well aware, we’re currently in the process of migrating people to the new free plan - which allows 10 responses a month.

We do understand the new free plan will no longer suit the needs of people who need to collect more responses - I’ve passed on the feedback to the product and pricing teams. However, whilst the the response limit has been reduced, we have enabled some advanced features that were not previously available on the free plan, such as Logic Jumps and Calculator.

Whether or not Typeform is good value for money at $25/month depends on your use case and how much value you get out of the tool. May I ask what do you currently use Typeform for?

I see that I did get an email, but I never read emails from Typeform...too busy with more important things.

I don’t need advanced features, I need more than 10 responses. How many people could be grandfathered and how many are even using those accounts anymore is the real question. Just let sleeping dogs lie as a sign of good faith.

If the advanced faetures were worth it, people would buy them...let those features stand up on their own 2 legs.

Don’t punish original users and paint them into a corner and force them to pony up or mosey on out, it’s aggressive and unreasonable. To be fair, this is the hallmark of mismanagement. Getting dedicated users angry is unprofessional. I see a lot of people upset in the forums here typing the key word rip-off.

$25 a month is high for anybody within the response limitation. Someone that only needs 100 responses will take a hit at $300/year...it’s an unreasonable price for the small fry.

We use(d) Typeform for whitelisting gamers to our project which at one point was ranked #1 in the world and held that spot longer than any other community. It’s been slow over the last 8 months, but we’re picking up the pace again. 

I’ve just made a pretty nice form on our website that uses the Avada premium theme. The cool thing about it is it allows me to add all the elements that come with the Avada package, which is something Typeform does not have.

To be honest, I should be thanking Typeform for forcing my hand because the Avada form technology is extremely broad. The picture below scrolls rather deep, those aren’t the only elements available...

Maybe more design options should be in those advanced features. The reason we used Typeform when it came out was it was the best form available and looked like an actual website.

Best of luck in 2022!

-Weyland

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @Weyland  - thanks for sharing your use-case, and glad to hear that the business is on the rise again! We understand if you need to find a form service that suits your needs better and wish you lots of luck in 2022 too!

I’m sorry to use this feature to file a complaint. I did not find anything to send to staff or a suggestion box.

I’ve been working with typeform for a year, I run only 3 types of forms with like 10 questions each, every now and then the free features are becoming scarce, first was the quantity of forms, now only 10 answers per month? And like the first plan is 25 bucks for 100 answers? Come on guys…

If we are able to run 3 forms with less than 15 question + 10 answer per month It’s not a free plan it’s a TRIAL plan! Basically the free plan is useless specially with small needs such I have.

Very disappointed by greedy Typerform.

Again I apoligize to use this board for this.

Thanks

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @edudanton Thanks for stopping by the community and sharing your feedback. What are you using Typeform for? 

Hello Liz,

I’m using to onboard some freelance clients I have. Simple forms.

Thanks

Ed

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Ah, got it, @edudanton . Thanks! Are there any features you use often? Or mainly just the usual ol’ questions? (I only ask so I can share this with our product team.)

Pretty much,

I love typeforms, but really I dont use more than 20 replies per month, but 10 is like a trial, not a real free plan. As one user said above, 25bucks just to get 3 answers more is totally off my budget.

I don’t want to move out of typeform.

Ah, got it, @edudanton . Thanks! Are there any features you use often? Or mainly just the usual ol’ questions? (I only ask so I can share this with our product team.)

@Liz Did typeform address my complaint?

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @edudanton The feedback has been shared with the team in charge of changing the plans, though the change to the free plans will still proceed. They will take feedback into consideration for any future updates or changes.