Answered

Google Ads Enhanced Conversion

Userlevel 1

I am trying to implement Google Ads Enhanced Conversion on Typeform. It required an email address(form data) as User-provided data through dataLayer in Tag Manager. Is there any way to get an email address(form data) on Typeform submission or any alternative way to implement Google Ads Enhanced Conversion on Typeform?

icon

Best answer by Liz 6 February 2023, 17:52

View original

32 replies

Sorry forgot to add the input type for this step, revised for the email variable step:

Step 1: Create New Variable for ‘Email’

• Variable Type: DOM Element
  • Selection Method: CSS Selection
  • input[type=email]
  • Attribute Name: value
  • I named it Email1

Thanks @propfunnel I only have to modify the CSS selector for the phone to this:

input[type=tel]

Thanks again, now I’m trying to pass the same user data to the “Thank you page”

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Let us know how it goes with their solution, @subelaweb !

Ok, I’m in conversations with a google technical advisor and I let you know the final solution to this. 👍

Badge

Ok, I’m in conversations with a google technical advisor and I let you know the final solution to this. 👍

Hi @subelaweb, would it be possible to implement this without Tag Manager? My forms include a payment field and I don’t think Typeform allows Tag Manager on these forms - is that correct @Liz ?

hi all - the way I implemented this was by passing along the form data via the Settings of the Typeform Endings Redirect to URL option. You can specify your conversion page URL and then use the plus icon to add URL parameters pulling fields from the form.

On our site, I added a javascript snippet to pick up the URL params and set the value of hidden input fields on the conversion page. For the Enhanced Conversions config in GTM, I am using the Automatic Collection option. I confirmed through devtools that the data is being picked up and sent along via the “em” param of the tracking request payload.

Thanks @raymandaro , based on your comment did something similar. I just took the landing page that appears after the form submit which has a unique url based on the typeform output. With Google Tag Manager, I used the ‘url’ variable and based on ‘query’ I took the email field. 

Create the ‘user-provided-data’ variable, in my case only the manual was working so select your variable based on the url output from typeform. 

Under ‘advanced options’ in GTM, you could select only firing on ‘page’ to prevent double firing. In my case, using the url variable already prevents any double firing of the landing page. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @raymandaro and @trackingarchitects thanks so much for sharing your solutions!