Question

Help with Typeform images on embed

• 18 December 2023
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

I have been encountering a NEW problem with typeform when embedding into my Squarespace site. 

I have done this multiple times over the past year or so, using identical factors (as typeform updates will allow), and this issue began occurring about a month ago.

I design the Typeform, make my selections for the image display (typically I select image on the left or right of text for desktop, and at the top for mobile). 

When I choose my embed settings, ONLY if selecting pop-up, the image always displays funny (see screenshots). If I choose “standard”, it displays as I selected, but for some reason with Pop-up, it does not. This did not used to happen. I never had issues with Pop-up display before, using the same settings.

What am I missing here? Why is this happening? (I provided screenshot images for one Typeform, but it happens with others, too).

URL where this issue is occurring:  https://hilarybeckwith.com

Website host: Squarespace

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @hbeckwith Thank you so much for sharing these photos! And totally understand the frustration - this is related to a relatively new feature we offered - differing views on mobile vs desktop. 

I think, because the popup is smaller, it’s defaulting to the mobile view of your form. Do you mind changing the layout on the mobile view here to see if that solves the issue? 

PS - Your website looks really nice!

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

Hi Liz, Changing the mobile layout DID affect the pop-up. But the issue is still, why are the pop-up dimensions now considered “mobile” size when they didn’t used to be?

I even tried using the “large” pop-up sze, and it still shows up like this. 

A pop-up should be similar to an embed into a web-page. If I wanted a mobile-sized view, I’d opt for the Slider, Popover, or Sidetab options, right?

This sounds like an error in what Typeform deems “mobile” versus “desktop”. So, really what it equates to is the only two options for getting a “desktop” view would be to embed it into a page, or have a full page pop-up (neither of these options is ideal). Any insight on that?

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @hbeckwith In the screenshot sent, it’s showing the image in the middle on mobile. Do you mind sending over what it looks like when you’ve changed the mobile view to have the image larger, like the desktop version? I believe the popup is considered mobile since the size of the popup itself has the dimensions of a mobile browser, but I can verify this once I take a peek at the screenshots. 😀

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

@Liz yes, sorry, I forgot to add those.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Thanks, @hbeckwith ! Let me double check with the product team on this. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @hbeckwith I hope you had a lovely holiday! The product team got back to me and let me know that for narrow screens the image is displayed differently even on desktop devices (for all embed types).

When the embed size is larger (larger size set in embed settings or larger device screen) regardless of embed type, it will be displayed the same for all embed types.