Answered

Redirect to specific question/page at end screen doesn't work

• 25 September 2023
  • 6 replies

Hi, 

Redirect to specific question/page at end screen doesn't work on both quiz page or even on website:

Quiz page: https://tzuchisg.typeform.com/lookingback

website where the quiz is embedded: https://30years.tzuchi.org.sg/ (near bottom of the page)

I wish to redirect the users to question 5 of the quiz at the end screen.

icon

Best answer by mathio 28 September 2023, 16:09

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @tcsweb Happy Monday! I hope you had a great weekend. I’m afraid we don’t offer this feature in our forms or redirect, but I can share this feedback to the product team. 

Hi Liz,

Thank you for the reply. 

How about:

1. I can direct users back to the first page isntead. How can I make the quiz load within the frame (the form is embeded) without loading and moving away from my page.
  2. OR i can direct users to a new tab/page at the endscreen. But how can I have the link on button of the endscreen open as new tab?
Userlevel 7
Badge +5

@mathio can definitely help answer these for you and (I think) advise which one would be best!

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hello @tcsweb 

> I wish to redirect the users to question 5 of the quiz at the end screen.

It is not possible to redirect users to specific question of your typeform. However you might be able to use logic to display the question you want as users answer the questions in your form.

> How can I make the quiz load within the frame (the form is embeded) without loading and moving away from my page.

Maybe you could user the redirectTarget option from embed SDK to redirect in the same iframe (eg. data-tf-redirect-target=”_self”).

> OR i can direct users to a new tab/page at the endscreen. But how can I have the link on button of the endscreen open as new tab?

You can use the redirectTarget optiondata-tf-redirect-target=”_blank” (see docs for limitations in some browsers when opening in new tab).

Alternatively you could use the onEndingButtonClick callback to implement the redirect logic in JavaScript yourself.

Do you mean like this?

<div data-tf-live="xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" data-tf-redirect-target="_blank"></div>

<script src="//embed.typeform.com/next/embed.js"></script>

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Unfortunately the live embed does not support additional attributes (yet). You will need to build your embed code manually like this:

<div data-tf-widget="<FORM_ID>" data-tf-redirect-target="_blank" style="..."></div>
<script src="//embed.typeform.com/next/embed.js"></script>

If you have any other embed customization or other settings, you need to add them as attributes to the div tag. If you help building your embed code you can see Embed SDK README or ask here in the community.

Sorry for the inconvenience. We plan to add support for additional options to live embed soon.