Answered

Updating an existing form with new questions through API

• 4 May 2024
  • 1 reply

Hi, I would love to be able to have a new form be created each day (form title would be todays date) with POST then throughout each day, have the API add new multiple choice questions to the end of that initial form.  The new data would come from a third party source that I would feed into the new questions.  Is this possible with Patch or Put?  I am seeing how I might have to recreate each existing question for each Patch or Put but maybe that is not the case?

Also does Typeform allow partial submissions?  I would love to be able to submit form answering existing questions, send those answers to google sheets, then (via above) have the API add my new questions to the end of the form then allow me to submit answers to those new questions throughout the day.

Any help would be much appreciated!  Thanks -AAK

icon

Best answer by Liz 6 May 2024, 18:56

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @AAK Happy Monday! I hope you’re having a good one. 

I believe you would need to do this with the Patch, but @mathio can help confirm this!

As for partial responses, we are rolling out this feature, but it isn’t possible to submit the form through the API. However, you could still use the API to update the form.