Answered

Can respondents create accounts that store their answers long-term?

• 18 February 2021
  • 8 replies

Hi- I am looking to build a survey that will store respondents’ answers long-term. As in, they would be able to create an account and then log back in in a year and view or change their answers. Does Typeform have this capability? Thanks!

icon

Best answer by sebastiancv 19 February 2021, 13:54

View original

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @poetica thanks for joining the community! As an avid reader myself, love your username! :grinning:

We don’t currently offer this feature, but one suggestion would be to connect your form to Google Sheets, which would send the responses to that sheet. You could then share the sheet with your respondents and allow them edit access. 

Let us know if you think of any other questions!

Thanks, bummer! Will each respondents’ answers automatically appear on their own sheet or will we manually have to copy and paste each respondent’s answers into their own sheet? (we don’t want respondents to have access to each other’s answers at any time.)

I know this probably isn’t likely, but are you aware of any platform that offers this?

Thanks for your help!
Emily

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@poetica - am in a similar boat with a couple of my typeforms that I am rolling out to clients now: due to rapid roll out and not the final solution, i have prototyped the solution in Google Form and Sheets to have a client user “log in” to the Google form and extract the data from the Sheet based on their employee id number which is linked to the email field in the data set. this shows only the data entered by the employee. 

I will be looking to do something different leveraging Typeform going forward (ie starting to work on that in April) after we roll out the initial forms for entry. The ‘historic’ extract won’t take place till this time next year. 

as an interim solution, it works for me 

des

Userlevel 2
Badge

Hi @poetica ,

In order to make that you need. I integrated Typeform to https://airtable.com/ and then airtable to https://www.stacker.app/ . Booth are paid services and no code plataform, easy to use, quite friendly.

Buena suerte!

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

@sebastiancv thanks for your post! I’m curious about the Slacker app - I haven’t used it! If you don’t mind sharing, what’s the workflow you have setup between Typeform → Airtable → Slacker? Sounds really cool. 

Userlevel 2
Badge

Hi @Liz 

yes, it’s exactly as you described.
First I used the native integration of typeform with Airtable. And then did connect my base in airtable with staker app is pretty simple. The interface of Staker isn’t pretty but very functional to resolve this problem. Access to information by user.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Huh, that’s really cool! Sharing with @James and @Francois (Typeform) since they may be interested in this!

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Huh, that’s really cool! Sharing with @James and @Francois (Typeform) since they may be interested in this!

@Liz always interested in smart solutions like this. @sebastiancv this sounds very cool. If you're interested in sharing more about your solution with the community let me know. I'm the "Inspiration content" person for the community, coordinating case studies from members to show off their workflows. Would love to talk more about what you're doing – if you're interested drop me a DM!!