Answered

How are conditional question results displayed?

• 6 May 2024
  • 1 reply

I am trying to design a survey gathering information on mental health history using logic to reduce the number of unnecessary and repetitive questions. However, I’d also like to create the easiest format for analyzing the data. It is unclear to me if the response results will indicate what logic question routed them to the subsequent questions. For the example below, if they answer yes to question 1 about anxiety, will the results show that question (a) response pertains to question 1 for anxiety or will it just change the answer if they get rerouted to answer question (a) for question 2 for depression as well?

Basically I am wondering if it is necessary to create a unique set of follow-up questions (a-d)  for each question (mental health condition) in order to maintain accurate results?

Thanks!

Example:

1. Have you ever been diagnosed with anxiety disorder? (If yes, go to questions a-d. If no, go to to 2.
  1. Are you currently experiencing this condition?
  2. How many years have you lived with this condition?
  3. Have you received any talk therapy for this condition?
  4. Have you been prescribed any medication to manage this condition?
  1. Have you ever been diagnosed with depression?  (If yes, go to questions a-d. If no, go to to 3. etc etc)

icon

Best answer by Liz 6 May 2024, 21:35

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @aa2396 This is a great question. At the moment, the results don’t show the logic path someone took, but what I would suggest is placing these questions under a group question. That way, you have at least an idea of which group they answered.