Answered

"Other" text not appearing in results

• 31 January 2021
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 1

Hi,

On a multi select question type I have selected the option to have an "Other" text box at the end of the list of answer options. However when I test this and select "Other" and type in some test text, this detail is not recorded in the response file. Can anyone advise how to fix this?

Thanks!

Danny

icon

Best answer by Liz 1 February 2021, 03:13

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @dskdy73 . Thanks for stopping by! When entering text in the ‘other’ category, you’ll want to be sure to click the checkmark shown below. 

If not, the answer won’t save in the results. Hopefully this helps solve the issue for you!

Userlevel 1

Thank you Liz, that’s very helpful.  I didn’t see that tick box option yesterday.  I don’t think it’s very intuitive, hopefully the developers can improve this part of the product.

Thanks again for your help,

Danny

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @dskdy73 I’ll share that feedback with them! :) 

I’m having a strange issue. I have a complex form and it’s all working EXCEPT that “Other” records aren’t being saved. I can select any other option and it saves, but nothing saves in Other. I’ve tried duplicating the form and I’m getting the same issue. 

Are there any issues with this feature?

I’ve searched the forum and can’t find anything.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hey @eleybourn. Welcome to the Typeform Community 🥳

I moved your question to this thread because I believe the answer to your question might be the same as the one we have here :) Let us know if there is anything the community team can do for you!