Answered

UTM field forces its way into URL redirect and messes with hidden fields and logic jumps

• 17 February 2022
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge

Hola!

The typeform I created has a sort of login process for internal users. As soon as the user enters their first name, email address, and the campaign they are working on, they are returned to the beginning of the same form with hidden fields filled out. Through logic jumps and hidden fields, the user doesn't need to log in again and instead proceeds to the rest of the flow.

However, a lot of users have reported experiences with URLs loading with a UTM parameter, which causes the hidden fields to appear incorrectly, causing them to loop through the login process repeatedly. I can confirm that no UTMs are enabled 

Screen shots below

Thank y’all!

Brent

Step 1 - “login”

Step 2 - “ Redirect”

The way the URL should now populate
​​​​​​

When it goes wrong (The email address is not passed through)

What it should look like:

icon

Best answer by Liz 18 February 2022, 20:01

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @Brent Davidoff Welcome to the community! Looking at the form, it looks like the fields in the first form aren’t marked as required, so the respondent can skip over them which would lead to the default they’re seeing. 

If you haven’t already, I would suggest marking these fields as required so their information is passed correctly. 

Userlevel 1
Badge

Thank you, this helped. I was actually recalling the incorrect answer to populate hidden field. But the UTM still finds its way into the redirected URL. thankfully its not affecting the experience but still wondering why it happens