Skip to main content

Community playlist - what are you listening to?

I used to love this thread in a community I was part of in my previous life. So here it’s again.

What are you listening today?

I’ll get things started…

@James - when you are suffering from the after effects of a stag weekend… is this your fam?

haha very true @john.desborough although I also blame the England football team for putting me to sleep so early in the evening lately 😴

Here’s something energetic for the big weekend. Wishing you, these guys, @suzieq and all our friends over there a very happy Canada Day 🇨🇦

Thanks @James! What a banger, that one! So many Canadian classics, maybe we can all add our favourites to this thread in celebration? @Grace @Liz @Phoebe VA 

Great idea @suzieq 🍁 Did you know that Ms Lavigne is playing in Barcelona in a couple of weeks?

Brilliant! 😍

Here’s a bit of Shania to lead us into the weekend 

@James I did know that, only because @Grace told me a few minute ago. Shall we all go together? 🍁

Guess Who …. .really The Guess Who.. 

(From Wikiwhatsit - The music and lyrics of the song were improvised on stage during a concert in Southern Ontario ..Bachman was playing notes while tuning his guitar after replacing a broken string, and he realized he was playing a new riff that he wanted to remember. He continued playing it and the other band members returned to the stage and joined in, creating a jam session in which Cummings improvised the lyrics.They noticed a kid with a cassette recorder making a bootleg recording and asked him for the tape. They listened to the tape and noted down the words that Cummings had extemporized, and which he later revised.)

des

Avril Lavigne!! She was my favorite as a kid. 

@Liz - do you still know the words to sk8er boi? one of friends can be caught singing that one whenever she is working in the garden… lol..

Do I?!?!??!! Of course I do, @john.desborough ! I could recite the words to every song from her first album!