[Experiment] Typeform "Hack Together" stream on Thursday 18th February at 10 am PST

• 10 February 2021
  • 22 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5
  • Developer Advocate @ Typeform
  • 348 replies

Hello hackers 👋

What would you think about having a regular live show on Twitch to talk about technical things around Typeform?

I would love to kickstart and try things with y’all.
We will announce the date soon..
We will start on twitch https://www.twitch.tv/typeform and will probably also share it on Youtube later.

I have some ideas but I would love to hear from you what you would like to see in such a show.

For the first edition I would love to go around the New Builder features that could interest developers and hackers :)

Let us know what you think.
Nicolas

22 replies

Badge +5

Hello hackers 👋

What would you think about having a regular live show on Twitch to talk about technical things around Typeform?

I would love to kickstart and try things with y’all starting this Friday 12th February at 11am PST (US West Coast). In the future we will probably find a better time so it’s not too late in Europe.
We will start on twitch https://www.twitch.tv/typeform and will probably also share it on Youtube later.

I have some ideas but I would love to hear from you what you would like to see in such a show.

For this Friday I would love to go around the New Builder features that could interest developers and hackers :)

Let us know what you think.
Nicolas

Sounds like an awesome idea. We should add it to the events calendar ( @James ), but not sure we are giving the community enough time to jump on the Nico train. I guess we start and then members will hope on more and more for future ones. 

Maybe @Liz has a few ideas for content based on the interactions she’s had here so far. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

I love this idea! 

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

See you all later today!! 

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@picsoung @Gabriel @Liz 

is this really on for today?? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

I’ll be there, probably wrapped in a blanket near the computer since it’s still super cold here! :joy:

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

I’ll be there, probably wrapped in a blanket near the computer since it’s still super cold here! :joy:

awww muffin.. lol

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

:weary:

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

-6C ?? bitterly cold for some lol.. -17C here and with the wind, -25C .. 

i was out in my flip flops with the recycling this morning .. lol

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Wow, @Liz @john.desborough I won't even tell you guys what the weather is like here in Barcelona (I may start sweating if I type too much :sweat_smile: )

Fear not, this event has not been canceled – @picsoung has agreed to push it back til next Thursday to give us more time to rally an army of code-hungry hack fiends to attend the stream (my words not his). As such we've updated the post title and created this event page with more info:

Can't wait for this!

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@James - thanks for the update.. 

and don’t tempt me with the temps in Barcelona.. am looking forward to when my wife retires and we can emigrate to Valencia .. (or Costa Blanca area lol) 

cheers

des

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Wow, @Liz @john.desborough I won't even tell you guys what the weather is like here in Barcelona (I may start sweating if I type too much :sweat_smile: )

Fear not, this event has not been canceled – @picsoung has agreed to push it back til next Thursday to give us more time to rally an army of code-hungry hack fiends to attend the stream (my words not his). As such we've updated the post title and created this event page with more info:

Can't wait for this!

btw.. i clicked the link to the event page and ‘added to calendar’ - it defaulted to today not the 18th even though the date is stated for the 18th. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

-6C ?? bitterly cold for some lol.. -17C here and with the wind, -25C .. 

i was out in my flip flops with the recycling this morning .. lol

hahah me too!! I took out the trash earlier this week with my flip flops on, but then I couldn’t get the key to work to let me back in since it was so cold and started thinking, “I’m gonna die frozen out here with my flip flops in the back alley near the trash!!” :joy:

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

btw.. i clicked the link to the event page and ‘added to calendar’ - it defaulted to today not the 18th even though the date is stated for the 18th. 

That was weird @john.desborough . thanks for pointing that out, the backend must've melted in all this heat 😛 Think I've fixed it now but let me know if you're still having issues.

@James - thanks for the update.. 

and don’t tempt me with the temps in Barcelona.. am looking forward to when my wife retires and we can emigrate to Valencia .. (or Costa Blanca area lol) 

cheers

des

Do it! We visited Valencia this time last year and I was blown away by the place. The Ciudad de las Artes y las Ciencias is really a sight to behold, one of the most impressive things I've ever seen. I felt like I was in an early 80s sci-fi movie. Just incredible…

Sorry, wandered slightly off topic :P 

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

@James Over here looking up flights to Spain for 2023 when I may be able to return :joy::rofl:

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

It’s a beautiful place.. We spent time in Valencia and down in Denia with friends.. 2014.. must. get. back.

(and calendar link is fixed.. gracias)

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

@Liz :joy: please say it won't be so long!!! Can't you sneak over on a raft or something?

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

It’s a beautiful place.. We spent time in Valencia and down in Denia with friends.. 2014.. must. get. back.

(and calendar link is fixed.. gracias)

I wanna go back too. Maybe you can get on the raft with @Liz and we can hook up for paella :shallow_pan_of_food:

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@James -  hire me in as a stringer lol.. i will grab a friend’s transatlantic rowboat and bring it back over.. 

happy to have additional rowers.. 

Badge +5

Are we on, when does the Nico show starts? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

I see the beginning of our first Typeform Community Event happening!! 

“Typeform Community members raft to Spain for more meaningful conversations” :rofl:

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@picsoung - great job on the twitch-cast… was good to see the new features and the details on the webhooks. 

I also liked the bit of the logic map that was shown at the end - i believe this is not yet widely available but am excited to see it is coming !!

des

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Thanks for hosting this, @picsoung !! It was wonderful!