Answered

My typeform allows skipping required questions

• 18 July 2021
  • 3 replies

Hey 

In my typeform even if questions are mandatory/ required, users are still able to skip that question. How to solve this.

icon

Best answer by Paulo 19 July 2021, 03:31

View original

3 replies

Hi @ABC ! Welcome from a fellow user!

Although the users can temporarily “skip” the mandatory questions, in the last question they will be reminded to go back and answer the mandatory question, otherwise they can't submit the form.

If you want to prevent them to go to the next question before answering it, maybe you could use hidden fields and redirecting on completion to create a workaround. How long is your form?

Hey @ABC ! I just found this post and maybe it can help you with your issue!:eyes:

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @ABC:relaxed:

Hope you're having a nice Friday! Just wondering if you have tried what @Paulo suggested above?

Also, it's important to make sure your Logic Jumps are not set up in a way that someone could skip your required questions. Otherwise, people will be able to submit your typeform without answering required questions. This is because when Logic Jumps are used to skip questions, the typeform behaves as if those questions don’t exist. If you want to know more about this, check out this article, it might help! :wink: