Answered

Typeform offline Beta

Badge

Is the Typeform offline beta still going?

icon

Best answer by Liz 30 June 2021, 20:53

View original

15 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @Jules Happy Tuesday! I’m not aware of an offline beta program we had. Do you happen to have a link about it or any information you can share? 

Badge

Here ya go ! 

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @Jules Ah, thank you!

Our developers are still exploring options in this area. If you would like to try a workaround in the meantime and provide some feedback on how it went, that would be a great help! If interested, here's the next steps:

1. Setup an offline typeform using these instructions

2. Collect some data offline

3. Provide some feedback if you'd like to!

Userlevel 3
Badge

Hey @Jules! Yes we still support the offline parameter.

We are working to integrate this into the product - please reach out if anyone else is interested in offline collection! 

Badge

OK, it’s redirecting from the original betatests.typeform.com url but it does seem to be working. Still having issues with it not loading images however… where’s the best place to redirect any feedback?

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

@Jackie do you have a preference as to where @Jules can submit feedback? :grinning:

@Jackie @Liz I’m sorry for jumping into this post but this is exactly what I’m working on right now.

I’ m integrating offline typeforms in our mobile iOS app at Balcony.io. I have some issues loading typeforms with the parameter "typeform-offline-mode". Instead of loading correctly is shows this page below.

Where can I find more information on how the “typeform-offline-mode” changes the way in which the typeform is loaded? 

More info on my implementation is on my question on StackOverflow.

Thank you so much in advance!

Paolo

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @Dobrocode thanks for stopping by the community! I’m afraid we don’t support the offline mode you’re referencing anymore, but @mathio or @picsoung may have some workarounds for you. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hello, I am afraid there are no workarounds if offline mode is no longer supported.

Hello, I am afraid there are no workarounds if offline mode is no longer supported.

I actually managed to make it work yesterday using a different class on iOS (SFSafariViewController instead of WKWebView). This other class is basically just Safari embedded in one’s app, so it doesn’t give control on anything that the user does when browsing.

But offline typeforms seem to be still supported! The steps in the PDF linked above still work.

If could get more context on what’s the logic behind the “typeform-offline-mode” parameter that would help me figure out how to implement it using the WKWebView framework in iOS, which gives developers control on all actions that user take when browsing.

Can you think of any additional article or piece of documentation about the offline typeform beta that I can look at?

And thanks for responding to my comments!

Paolo

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @Dobrocode Ah, I see - thank you! The downside is I don’t believe these work when embedding in apps, as we generally don’t support embedding in apps. @Jackie may possibly have a better idea if this is something they are investigating with offline mode. 

hi @Liz what’s the best way to keep updated with any future updates on offline mode. Would be very useful to me. Thanks! 

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @chris_d Thanks for stopping by the community! We’ll post any updates to this thread here or to our monthly product digests. 

Hello! Is there a timeline for when this feature will be live? Would be great to simplify our current subscriptions (we currently have to pay for an offline survey app for conferences/events).

Hi there, just +1 requesting the offline feature be implemented.  We love your product but can’t use it for our day-to-day needs because we need an offline solution as well.