Answered

Emedded Typeform sometimes loads and sometimes doesn't

• 25 February 2021
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 1

I embedded a type form yesterday on our site and sometimes it loads on the page load and sometimes it does not load and you have to refresh the page 2-3 times to get it to load. I’ve cleared cookies, cache, everything I think of and it still happens. I’ve even loaded it in an incognito browser window to test...same behavior. Any thoughts on why this woul be happening? It’s pretty bad UX if someone has to refresh the page to get the form to load.

Thanks

Page: https://www.simmsfishing.com/pro-app-2021

Browser: Chrome Verion - 88.0.4324.182

icon

Best answer by kwiese 26 February 2021, 22:37

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hey @kwiese. Welcome to the Typeform Community! :)

I could reproduce the same when checking your website. I believe @Liz will be able to help you, she is the embed expert! 💪🏻

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @kwiese . I’m not an embed expert like @Liz but looking at the landing page it took me a refresh to get the typeform to show. I noticed it has a scroll bar and curious if that might be the reason? To eliminate that as a possibility, could you expand the page size and the typeform size so the scroll bar disappears? 

Also, is this a WordPress site? 

Userlevel 1

@vickioneill nope, not a WP site, it is a Magento site. I tried your suggestions with no luck. Still poking around until I hear from @Liz 

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @kwiese I loaded the form on Chrome using a Macbook Pro and it loaded for me on the first try. Did you happen to change anything? If not - a question for you all - what browser are you testing on?

Userlevel 1

@Liz I did make a few tweaks. I ended up setting the height to 700 px and that removed the scroll bar. It seems to have fixed it...I think.

Also testing on Chrome - The only issue we had was it won’t load in an incognito window.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

I had tested on Chrome using a Macbook Air. Just tested it again and it loaded for me on the first try too. Yay! :hugging: