Answered

Ending or Redirect Without Without Triggering FB Pixel

I’m trying to disqualify people from triggering my FB pixel when submitting a typeform.

It seems this isn’t possible without using another tool like Zapier or Integromat.

Is it in fact the case that there is no way to make a non-triggering ending or redirect? If there was a redirect option that didn’t have a submit button, that would work too. I thought this would be possible with a statement, but that appears not to be the case.

icon

Best answer by Liz 1 June 2022, 15:15

View original

9 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @GAMarketing Welcome to the community. Happy you’re here! 😀

If the respondent presses the submit button on a form integrated with Facebook Pixel, it will send that data to Facebook. We don’t have a feature in our native integration that would prevent the data from sending based on their responses at this time. 

The only workaround I can think of would be to completely prevent them from submitting the form by sending them backwards in the form, but that might be a bit frustrating of a user experience on their end. 

Userlevel 1

Requesting a workaround, as we are facing a similar problem. We have forms with a high ad spend from Facebook and need alternate ways to disqualify wrong audiences without triggering the Facebook optimization. 

It happens that we get 3 wrong audience answers in a row and it ruins the whole campaign and we need to restart the form as the pixel optimize in the wrong direction

It should be possible to make a statement without sending a typeformsubmit event to Facebook

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Thanks for the feedback, @btech !

Hi! I'm using Typeform to generate leads for local businesses.

I have a qualifier question at the beginning of my form asking, "Are you interested in xyz?" If the lead selects "no," they are directed to a different ending that states, "You do not qualify." However, META pixel captures all endings/submissions, regardless of qualification.

My objective is to disqualify leads not interested in the service and only allow the META pixel to receive qualifying data. Is there a workaround for this? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @OsvaldoMOrta I added your post here where we have an existing discussion about this. 😀

Badge

Where did you get to on this one @Liz ?

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @intersections thanks for stopping by! I’m not quite sure I understand the question - do you mind sharing a bit more about what you’re looking for help with? 

We’re dealing with a similar issue. Running ads and would like to be able to disqualify the wrong prospects without firing a pixel. 

@Liz  was there ever any progress made on a solution for this?

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @breezy19 I’m afraid we don’t have this on the roadmap, but if that changes, we’ll post about it here in the community. 😀