Answered

TypeForm won't load on redirect? Ad blockers? Something else?

Badge

Hi everyone!

Our team currently has a landing page. On the landing page, there’s a text bar where users can enter their email address. Upon entering their email address, they are re-directed to a TypeForm registration. 

We have been receiving reports from prospective users that after they enter their email address, nothing happens! In some cases, nothing happens when they hit “Enter”. In other cases, they are redirected, but TypeForm won’t load, and it's just a blank screen. 

In most cases, when we ask the user to signup in Incognito Mode / Private Mode, the TypeForm does work!

This morning, we checked our Analytics and there’s a decently large number of users that enter an email, but are unable to access the signup form. 

As such, we're wondering what might be happening? Ad blockers? Cookies? etc.? 

Thank you so much everyone!

icon

Best answer by mathio 17 May 2021, 23:13

View original

10 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hello @ResearchRabbit ,

since you have a custom integration of your typeform and your website, it is very hard to tell what could be the issue. It could be an issue with your integration, since as you say “nothing happens when they hit Enter”. However it might also be an issue with typeform.

Can you please provide URL of your landing page? I will have a closer look.

Badge

@mathio absolutely! www.researchrabbitapp.com

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

How are you embedding your typeform? Are you using our embed SDK ?

Badge

Yes! We use the embed SDK here: https://github.com/Typeform/embed

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

I am unable to reproduce any issues, the form loads for me just fine: Chrome + uBlock extension, but I also tried other browsers.

Do you have any logs for users that failed to display the form? Is there maybe some javascript error?

Badge

@mathio, unfortunately no. We’re going to implement a bug-reporting system though for our users that will capture console/network logs.

In the meantime, is there anything else that you think might be relevant here? e.g. many of our users are university students - could university networks be blocking TypeForm? Just trying to really think out of the box here to see what else could be happening!

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@ResearchRabbit - from a fellow user here.. 

I happen to know that many canadian universities are blocking traffic: lots of hacking practice both inbound and outbound have forced many to put up pretty robust firewall solutions to not allow ‘embedded’ code on pages to work properly. That might be one cause.. 

and just saying from my seat here in Ottawa Canada, i was able to put i my email in and launch the site

split second reload processing … and i am running a vpn and a firewall from my home network. 

des

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

You mentioned for some users “nothing happens when they hit Enter”, so my first guess is that some of your JS code might be the issue here. However it is just a guesswork without any more data, I am sorry.

Maybe some of my colleagues might have some more insights into this.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @ResearchRabbit Were you able to figure out what the issue is? Keep us posted! Happy to keep taking a look into it. 

Badge

Hello friends! Thanks for all of your support. 

The error message is: “Protocols, domains, and ports must match.” Typeform appears to load the iFrame from a different domain which we think is how the TypeForm embed works. Unfortunately, this appears to get blocked by Safari? 

I don’t know if there’s a solution to this, but thank you for your suggestions above @mathio and @john.desborough