[TIPS] 6 typeform design tips for non-designers

• 26 January 2021
  • 3 replies
[TIPS] 6 typeform design tips for non-designers
Userlevel 4
Badge +2

Sparkling design can really boost your typeform's completion rates and help to reinforce your brand.

Howdy, I’m Suzie, the video educator here at Typeform. We recently teamed up with Barcelona-based design studio, Hey, and I’m excited to share these design tips, especially useful for the creatively challenged. 

Check it out:

Here's a summary of the tips in case you don't have time to watch the whole thing (or you're allergic to improv jazz). 

1.Design matters

Stay true to your brand's look and feel. Add your logo and use the same typeface and color scheme as your website. People should recognize it as your brand from the first click.

2. Keep it simple

Don't overdo the design. Pick one design concept and make that the focus of your typeform.

3. Create levels of information

Use size, shape, color and typography to generate contrast between elements. Take advantage of different question types to collect different types of information.

4. Find harmony

Make your typeforms "visually satisfying" by getting the right balance of color, texture and contrast. You can use our Layouts feature to create harmonious, engaging typeforms.

5. Use colour

Be mindful that different colors inspire different emotions. Ensure that you use complimentary colors in your typeforms that are easy on the eyes and evoke the right sentiment.

6. Be consistent

Build consistency throughout your different typeforms. You can use the same base theme and make small tweaks to give each form its own individual flare.

Examples

Here are some examples of the typeforms that were featured in the video. You can click the link to copy each one to your own workspace and have a closer look at how the design is put together. 

We'll delve even deeper into design best practices in this community in due course, so watch this space for related posts – there's a design tag you can use to filter design-related content.

In the meantime do you have any design advice for others based on your own experiences? Want to share some drop-dead gorgeous typeforms you've made or seen? Hit us up in the comments.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Thanks for sharing @suzieq :pray: This is perfect for design dimwits like me.

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

thank you @suzieq - this is a great selection of materials that will help us non-technical folk in making better typeforms

des

Badge +5

This is very useful. It’s true that we constantly make design decisions, even subconsciously. I think the tricky bit is how to use the design to drive action, but based on this video they keys seems to be ‘keep it simple’.