VIDEOASK GUIDE

Send your VideoAsk responses to Google Sheets

Userlevel 7
Badge +5
  • Community Advocate
  • 2027 replies

Hi Community! 👋

If you’re looking for a quick and easy way to keep track of your videoask responses, you might like to check out the Google Sheets integration 🤓

Once you’ve set up your videoask, you can connect it to a new or existing sheet and watch the responses roll in! 

Here’s how to set up the connection through VideoAsk:

If you make any changes to the videoask or to the sheet it will break the connection, be sure to disconnect and reconnect if you need to make any changes.

If the connection breaks and you don’t update it, you may need to manually add responses that come through during this time. You can do this by exporting the responses to a .csv file and uploading it to the Google Sheet. 

You can export responses directly from your inbox here:

If you have custom variables setup in your videoask you’ll notice these won’t appear in the Google Sheet. Custom variables are not yet supported with this integration (watch this space for future updates!) There are a couple of workarounds if you need to collect this information, you could export responses to a .csv file or use Zapier to customize the integration.

Let us know if you have any questions about this integration in the comments 🚀

Do you have any thoughts or feedback about VideoAsk? We’d love to hear from you, check out this post if you’d like to Chat with the VideoAsk Product Team! 🗣

12 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@Grace - this is wonderful.. and now i will have a raft of fun figuring out how to take all the answers and incorporate them into reports coming out of Sheets with Document Studio.. 

i love this!!

des

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Ooh @john.desborough taking it to the next level! Let us know how you get on… 🤓

Badge +5

Thanks for the handy guide, @Grace ! 

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Yaaay, love it @Grace! Thanks for explaining! As soon as I test it, I'll let you know what I think of it! 😉

Hi! I see that this connection brigs everything to the connected sheet, but the answer to field PRODUCT of the collect contact option. How to enable it?

ps: the field is enable, but the users responses are not being saved to the sheet, they only appear if I download the content direct from Videoask

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @PRATICA CONSULTORIA great question!

At the moment, this integration only supports the contact information variables, so custom variables won’t pull through to Google Sheets. It is something we’re working on though for our next update of this integration. 

For now, you can either download the responses as you say, or you can set up the integration via Zapier to collect any additional custom variables. 

Hope that helps, and I’ll be sure to post here once we’ve updated the integration! 

Badge

I’ve looked all over Zapier for how to do this (include custom variables in the Google Sheets integration) and I haven’t found it. Can someone point me in the right direction? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @GINASCHEER 

To export a custom variable you first need to add the variable to your videoask URL and then submit a test response to your videoask. Then you can connect it to Zapier and you should see the custom variable appear when Zapier tests the videoask. 

Then it should appear under actions in Zapier when you connect to Google Sheets. 

Badge

To export a custom variable you first need to add the variable to your videoask URL and then submit a test response to your videoask.

Check! Did those steps. Here is what I’m not clear on - 

Then you can connect it to Zapier

I’ve tried connecting ‘Google Sheets via Zapier’ - I don’t see a way to ONLY connect to Zapier. 

When I connect Google Sheets via Zapier, I do not see custom variables and the only action to test is related to VideoAsk replies and responses - not contact forms.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @GINASCHEER 

In your Zapier account you can create a Zap to connect VideoAsk to Google Sheets.

When you create your Zap, you can set VideoAsk as your trigger and make sure you’ve submitted your test response to your videoask with the custom variable. Zapier will then pull the custom variable from your test response.

Then you can set Google Sheets as your action in Zapier. You’ll then see your Custom Variable as a field in the action section.

Badge

It’s not pulling in my contact form test responses. It’s pulling in something that says “John Doe”. I dunno. I guess I need some kind of professional help.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hey @GINASCHEER this happened to me at first, because I didn’t have any responses to my videoask yet. As soon as I had a response Zapier was then able to find it and show the custom variable. 

If it’s still not showing for you it might be worth reaching out to the support team via this videoask to get some more help 🙏