Question

Generating user document list

• 10 November 2022
  • 2 replies

Hello!

I don’t seem to be finding the right pathway to achieve what I’m looking for. It sounds like I can achieve what I want, but I may need to be integrating with other platforms. 

I’m a loan officer and I’m wanting to send a form to new referrals to gather information about their employment and income so I know what types of documentation I will need to request from them. As an example:

1. What is your employment type? (Select all that apply)
    • A. W2 Employee
    • B. Self-Employed
    • C. Business Owner

In this example, let’s say the user selected “A” and “B”. Upon completion of the questions, the user would receive a documentation list/report based on the answers they provided that they could save/print or elect to have it emailed. It could look something like this:

Documentation List

Income

• Please provide all W2’s for the years 2020 and 2021
  • Please provide your Federal tax returns for years 2020 and 2021

Essentially, every answer they provide is going to ask for certain types of documents and will end up on this list.

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@mpwashburn - welcome to the community

here’s one approach that might work for you: 

• you can create a series of Statement pages that would outline the documents required based on the output to the questions asked - in your example here, you have 3 possible answers that the  user could select from, your response combinations could result in the following statement pages being displayed: 
    • For A only
    • For B only 
    • for C only
    • for A and B 
    • for A and C 
    • for B and C
    • For A and B and C
  • seven (7) statement pages would be needed, each with the list of info associated with that choice 
  • your logic rules to route the user to appropriate statement page would be be based on the same response pattern - ie routing the user to the apporpriate staement page
  • on the statement you would display the list and instruct the user to print the page (one option) 
  • then you can route them to any other question you might want to ask ie do you want to receive an email with the details and a checklist? if so provide us with your email address (if you don’t have it - use a hidden field and pass the email to the form in the link you send to the user by email, if that is what you do) 
    • if they say yes to an email version and checklist, you could also layer in this sort of ending activity: 
      • Connect your form to Google Sheets and on submission, the data would be entered into the google sheet
      • create a merge template into which you put the required static text and placeholders for the data elements you will be merging in and save it (suggest google doc or slide template) 
      • use an addin for Google Sheets called Document Studio that will allow you to merge the incoming data record into the output template, generate a pdf and send it to the email provided. 

may not be a perfect solution but i have created a number of similar form processes for my own and my clients’ usage that do something similar. 

cheers

des

Hi John,

i really appreciate you taking the time to answer my question. I’ll give this a go!