Skip to main content
Answered

Why are Endings so basic?

• 13 August 2021
  • 5 replies

I’m using a score quiz to determine which holiday would be suitable for a prospective customer based on their interests (we’re a travel company). The form’s ending displays the recommended holiday and then uses a button to redirect to a new form for contact details etc. 

I’m just wondering why the Ending pages are soooo basic. You can only have a little bit of text and an image, nothing else. It’d be very useful if there was more control over the design of ending page, such as a range of images or like a drag and drop designer (like you get with basic html design). I hope this will made in an upcoming update.

Hey @flem1985! I'm glad you're here! :heart_eyes:

Your feedback is super helpful to our Product team, thanks for that! Hopefully, there will be more customization on endings in the future. :pray_tone2:

We have a thread in our community where we're collecting product features requests. 

Over there, you can write your suggestions so you'll have more visibility on them! :eyes:

We're waiting for your suggestions!  Have a great weekend! :blue_heart:

@flem1985 - this comes from another user. 

You could also use the redirect upon completion capability that would direct the user to a landing page you have built outside of typeform (in Convertkit, Hubspot etc) or on your webpage - they would NOT go to the ending page within typeform. 

This would give you the ability to create the type of form that you describe.. 

just a thought

des

Hello @john.desborough thank you very much for your suggestion. If I set up the redirect on completion though, how can I change the redirect to the specific land page for the holiday that has been suggested to them? i.e can you have a different redirect for different endings? Thanks

@flem1985 - it’s a simple process of a) creating a text variable - say we call it v_ending -and assigning the landing page details to it as a logic rules when the choice has been determined and b) adding the variable to the end of the redirect link ..

see the images below to get a feel for it from an example i created:

1. see the variable name added after the main url (use the + sign to see the list you can use) so this will go to a subdomain on the site

2: here’s the basic logic to assign value to the ‘which_sub’ variable:

in this case i only had two choices based on the yes/no question - either to products or services subpage. 

hope that helps make it work for you!

let us know if you are successful and look forward to seeing the result 

des

Hello @john.desborough, many thanks for your kind reply. This is very useful. Can I just clarify though, I was using the “Outcome Quiz” to ascertain their answer. Is it possible to redirect to a specific landing page associated with their answer? Looks like you’re using the “Advanced Logic”?