Answered

Matrix Question - Doubt

• 22 April 2021
  • 9 replies

Hi All, 

Is the Matrix question already available on Typeform? Like a multiple choice question, but with more lines and columns. 

Thanks

icon

Best answer by john.desborough 22 April 2021, 18:19

View original

9 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@brunosapienza - welcome to the community from a fellow user 

yes the Matrix question type is available in the new builder version of the tool, depending on the plan that you have - i don’t think it is available to you in the free version! 

one limitation at this point that has been identified: you cannot perform any branching or logic on the answers that you receive in the matrix question at this time BUT this has been identified to the product team to put on the list of new/additional features requested. 

if you search for ‘matrix question’ within this community forum you will find several threads discussing the question type. 

cheers

des

Hi @john.desborough , tks a lot for your answer. 

Do you know what pay plan contains this Matrix feature? Is the same as my screenshot from last question?

About the logic behind this question, I don't need it right now because I manage the data via excel sheet linked with Power BI. 

Thanks again.

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi @john.desborough , tks a lot for your answer. 

Do you know what pay plan contains this Matrix feature? Is the same as my screenshot from last question?

About the logic behind this question, I don't need it right now because I manage the data via excel sheet linked with Power BI. 

Thanks again.

@brunosapienza - i believe it is in all paid plans, just not in the free one.. ( @Liz - can you verify??)

here’s a screenshot from one of my matrix-based templates

the reason i put the question text at the top is to keep the left column short and reduce scrolling on mobile platform - my choice at this point. 

cheers

des

Amazing. 

This is exactly what I need. Thank you so much for your support and attention.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

@brunosapienza , @john.desborough is correct - all paid plans with the new builder have the matrix feature. :smiley:

Hi guys,

I’m trying to find the matrix feature but it seems that it is not available for me even though I have a paid plan.

Is that any reason why?

Best,

Ricardo

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@rcparodi@groupeseb.com - welcome to the community from a fellow user

If you are on the classic builder version, you won’t see the Matrix question as it is only available for the newer New Builder version. 

if you are not sure if you are on the classis or new version, please a screen shot of one of your forms in the Editor mode and we can try to point you in the right direction . 

des

Hi John,

Thank you so much for your quick response.

Sure thing! Please find the screen shot as requested.

Have a great week!

Best,

Ricardo

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@rcparodi@groupeseb.com - looks like your form is in the classic builder version. if you don’t have access to the New Builder version, with the matrix questions, then i would suggest you go this link and request access to the new builder from the support team. 

once you get the new builder it is very simple to ‘update’ your classic form to the new builder and to get the matrix question available within this form. 

see what you can do to get the new version then, if you have further questions on updating the form to the new version, drop us a line in the community. 

cheers

des