Answered

Not all Typeform Submits are registered in Google Analytics

• 16 April 2024
  • 4 replies

I have added Google Analytics to a typeform.

On the left you see the analytics results in GA4, on the right in Typeform. As you can see, trends are more or less the same, but about 1 in 3 submits is missing in Google Analytics. Given that I use this date for Google ads conversion optimalisation, this is bad. Anyone knows what’s going on? ;-)

icon

Best answer by Liz 17 April 2024, 22:57

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @Pioneer Town Thanks for stopping by the community. It’s possible that the respondent has blocked cookies and thus, their data wouldn’t be tracked in Google Analytics. I’m afraid we don’t have a workaround for this since this is decided on the respondent’s browser. 

Though, I can take a look at your form to ensure that Google Analytics is setup properly, if you don’t mind sending the URL over!

Hi Liz! Ow, so around 33% would block cookies.Server side tagging would be a solution I guess?

Here’s the link, thanks for your quick answer!

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @Pioneer Town I wouldn’t be surprised if the number is that high now with so many people wanting to opt out of cooke tracking. 

I tested the form, and I can see that the events are being sent to Google Analytics, so you do have it setup correctly!

The only other thing I could think of to test, just to be sure, would be to run a test submission on your browser and then check Google Analytics after to ensure the data is passing. I didn’t submit one since I didn’t want to take up one of your responses, but if that doesn’t work, let us know. 

Thx! IT works indeed, I didn’t know the blocking percentage was so high, but given that this is targetted at B2B with higher security and privacy protection, maybe this is logical! Server side tracking would be an awesome addition for Typeform I think! (I keep hearing about the cookieless future)