Solved

How to change the owner of a workspace

• 17 February 2021
  • 6 replies

Hi Typeform Community,

We use Typeform as a team with 3 people and I’d like to promote one user as owner of a workspace but I don’t know how to it.

I’d like to change the current owner or maybe have 2 owners on the same workspace.

Thanks for your help !

icon

Best answer by Mariana 23 February 2021, 16:07

Hey @WilliamV. I hope you are fine :) 

We've checked with the product team and here is the explanation: MKT MKT is the Workspace Owner and Genevrier is the Account Owner. We understand this is not intuitive as the word "owner" isn't clear enough in this context, that's why this confusion started.

I've shared this feedback with the relevant team and they'll be looking into it. Hopefully, the wording will be improved at some point.  

Please let us know if you have any questions. We'll be happy to help :hugging:

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge

Hi @WilliamV - thanks for stopping into the community! :grin:  The only way to change the owner of a workspace would be to change the email address on that account. You can do this by going to: 

Settings → Preferences → Change Email/username

I hope this helps! 

hi @Liz,

Thanks for our answer but I guess that is not the only way.

It seems the team member who creates a workspace is automatically added as owner.

My problem is I have existing workspaces and I’d like to switch their current owner.

I suppose I could ask every team member to create new workspaces on their own and move existing forms from existing to their new workspaces.

Best regards,

Userlevel 6
Badge

Hello @WilliamV. Happy Monday! 🥳

I can see what happened here. @Liz shared the steps to change the account owner, but you're willing to keep the account owner and change the owner of the workspace only. Is that correct?

You're absolutely right that the team member who creates a workspace is automatically added as the owner. To work around that, the best option would be asking them to create new workspaces and move the forms to these workspaces, according to the person you'd like to become the owner. 

However, it's not possible to have 2 owners in the same workspace. To make things a little easier, here is a breakdown of what the account owner, the workspace owner and the individual team members can do on a Premium team plan. 

I hope I've been able to clarify things. If we can help further at all, please let us know. :) 

Thanks Mariana for your reply and solution !

I will do as you suggested. 

However, I have to say it is possible to have 2 owners on a same workspace :

Best regards

Userlevel 7
Badge

Hi @WilliamV ! I wanted to let you know that we hid the emails in your screenshot for your privacy, but we’ve shared this with our product team and are waiting to see if the double ownership you’re seeing is a bug (as we don’t currently have this feature). We’ll comment back as soon as we hear from them!

Userlevel 6
Badge

Hey @WilliamV. I hope you are fine :) 

We've checked with the product team and here is the explanation: MKT MKT is the Workspace Owner and Genevrier is the Account Owner. We understand this is not intuitive as the word "owner" isn't clear enough in this context, that's why this confusion started.

I've shared this feedback with the relevant team and they'll be looking into it. Hopefully, the wording will be improved at some point.  

Please let us know if you have any questions. We'll be happy to help :hugging: