Skip to main content
Answered

VideoAsk - Deleting contacts and customers

• 26 July 2024
  • 6 replies

We have build up thousands of contact details in our VideoAsk account and we need to delete them - is the only way to do so really only individual deletion? This will take forever! 

6 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +3

@M Leahy  This is a good question and one I haven’t tried myself yet. But I understand your reasoning. 

For the purposes of cleaning up the folder en masse, I would think that exporting to a .cav as probably the best way to do it. Once exported, it would be easier, I would think, to clean up the list from there. 

These may help for exporting:

https://www.videoask.com/help/tracking/360049684632-export-responses-to-a-csv-or-xlsx-file

And importing:

If you need it to be just the cleaned up list in a folder on VideoAsk, then I wonder if you could import your cleaned up list to a new / different folder perhaps?

Then if happy with that outcome, perhaps you can delete the original folder (which may delete all the VideoAsk’s within). A note, I haven’t tried this before, but by having a .csv you then ensure you don’t lose anything valuable that you didn’t want to lose.

I don’t quite know, as I haven’t tried it yet, whether all responses could be imported back along with contact info if that may be part of your plan to keep certain ones.

Hope that may help as a consideration. I would be interested to hear how you get on!

Userlevel 2
Badge

Hi Ash,

Thanks for your comments. One thing to bear in mind is that deleting VideoAsks is not the same as deleting contacts. To delete VideoAsks, I have done in the past as you say and deleted whole folders after copying the VideoAsk journey and it’s a good solution. 

I’m stuck with deleting Contacts as having +3000 in our account means doing so individually is not really an option. 

Also, when it comes to identifying which ones are over 12 months old as per our retention policy, it is not an easy task as each Contact must be opened to view the date. 

I think this requires some attention from the VideoAsk team. 

Userlevel 5
Badge +3

Hi @M Leahy thanks for your response. Totally understand what you are saying here. I will tag in @Grace here who may be able to help!

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Thanks for the tag @Ash.NZ

Hey @M Leahy good to see you here, I’ve just reached out to the team to see if we can help with bulk deletion - will let you know as soon as I get a reply 🙏

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hey @M Leahy we don’t currently have an API call for bulk deletion, but the team can try to assist if you’re able to share the ID of the contacts. Can you kick off a conversation with the VideoAsk support team - support@videoask.com so they can take a look into it with you? 

Userlevel 2
Badge

Thanks both - I’ll follow up with the support team as you say.