Answered

Help - can't publish

I am trying to publish a survey which has 8 questions and 2 statements. It won’t allow me to publish because I need to remove the ‘unlimited questions’ feature. I have looked through settings and cannot understand how to do this. Thanks, Katie

icon

Best answer by Liz 4 March 2021, 18:58

View original

21 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @katie hast ! Sorry for the troubles publishing your form. Error messages are never any fun. :worried: The welcome screen and the outcome pages are counted as a question, which might be the cause for confusion. You may need to remove one of the questions on the form to publish it, taking into account that the welcome screen/outcome page count as a question. Let me know if that doesn’t work!

I’m using the free version and tried to publish a form with exactly 10 questions. I deleted the welcome screen, so that isn’t adding to my count. I then tried removing one question, and it did let me publish with a total of 9, but everything I’ve read says that up to 10 questions are allowed in the free version. Why is it capping me at 9?

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hey @dandaneat. Welcome to the Typeform Community! 

I moved your question here because I believe the answer to your question might be the same :) Let me know if you were able to publish your form after removing the additional question blocks. 

I accidentally created an Ending and I have a free trial account. How do I delete the ending? There’s no dots on the right when I hover over it. Thanks!

i have a free account and it says i have an ending now.  i want to delete it,, but i can’t find a way.  when the 7- question survey is over, it says reload, instead of ok at the end.  what do i do?

Hey @dandaneat. Welcome to the Typeform Community! 

I moved your question here because I believe the answer to your question might be the same :) Let me know if you were able to publish your form after removing the additional question blocks. 

Hi Mariana,

Thanks so much for the thoughtful suggestion, but this unfortunately didn’t apply to my situation. I actually had read this question as well before posting, but in my case there is no welcome or ending screen. As of now I have only been able to publish my form with 9 blocks in total.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hey @joelrepic and @kcmesquite. Welcome to the Typeform Community! =) I moved your question here because I believe the answer to your question might be the same :) Let me know if you were able to publish your form after removing the additional question blocks. 

And @dandaneat do you mind sharing the Typeform URL? I'll be happy to look into this! :hugging:

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

i have a free account and it says i have an ending now.  i want to delete it,, but i can’t find a way.  when the 7- question survey is over, it says reload, instead of ok at the end.  what do i do?

@kcmesquite - can you please show a screen shot of the last page (with the ‘reload’) button from inside your builder? there are a couple of possible ways to ‘fix’ the button label but it depends on the version of the software you are using at this point in time (classic or new builder version) 

des

@john.desborough - i think i have same trouble than @kcmesquite 
Thing is that when you accidentally added an ending (I had nooo idea that there is max 10 questions all together), then there is no way to remove it.
If you add many endings, then you see the three dots with all of them so you can delete. But if just one remains - the dots are gone! 

And you are left with an error. And the option to delete the whole thing and start over or to go and search an alternative ..  :(

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@henrymn - I am assuming that you are on the ‘free plan’ and therefore have limited abilities to use endings. 

in order to use the multiple ending techniques, you would need to upgrade to a paid plan - that is what i have had to do but it is well worth it from the extra functionality that is available. 

that may not solve the problem but it is the best i can offer as a fellow user at this time. 

des

@henrymn - I am assuming that you are on the ‘free plan’ and therefore have limited abilities to use endings. 

in order to use the multiple ending techniques, you would need to upgrade to a paid plan - that is what i have had to do but it is well worth it from the extra functionality that is available. 

that may not solve the problem but it is the best i can offer as a fellow user at this time. 

des

I got that @john.desborough, and yes, i am with this particular account with free plan. I am aware of the great options with paid plan, I have used one for many years and happy with the great options there. 
But currently decided to use for simple questionary a new free plan because of the branding options (don’t want to emphasise particular brand associated with paid version), and this (new!) thing gives me headache - it’s like i can’t decide to go one step back without the ending to stick to free plan, it’s like no turning point but go and pay, man.
This is not good. Should be an option to go back and correct things.
This is new UI and that is lacking good user experience.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @henrymn The automatic ending certainly isn’t ideal, and I’ve shared this feedback with product. If you’re having any other troubles with learning the new builder, please let us know - we’re happy to help answer any questions! :grinning:

Thanks @Liz ,

I guess that’s the only way to let it know there’s a issue..
But for now, I just need to delete that form and start new one from scratch… :disappointed:

Let me know if they resolve this..

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Will do, @henrymn !

I agree with everyone above. Having the intro and (automatic) ending slides count as “questions” is ridiculous. Your promotions list the Typeform Free version as allowing “10 QUESTIONS” but that isn’t correct. Please update the functionality to match your advertising! @Liz 

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @CathyT Thanks for popping by - I completely understand the confusion, and I’ll share this feedback. Our Help Center has a list of the question types here for future reference. Hopefully this helps a bit. 

I try and publish and it says it is connecting to stripe but it doesn’t connect. I have same email for both. Please help connect if possible 

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @Kangaroo Limes Could you send a screenshot or video of the Stripe error? Thanks!

Thanks Liz. Try now and then send thx

Not really an error code just keeps spinning. Here is the photo

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Ah, it looks like you’re editing the form on mobile, which could be the issue. Could you try on a desktop instead, @Kangaroo Limes ?