VideoAsk for a Mental Health Space Startup we helped Launch

• 8 March 2022
  • 8 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge

Hey all,

I wanted to showcase a startup we (Unicorn Road) helped launch to start the new year in the mental health space. They’re called “Stigma” and are aiming to reduce the stigma that comes from mental health.

Users can post their ‘ask for hope’ using VideoAsk, then users in the community with similar conditions (e.g. anxiety, OCD, depression, etc) can reach out to the to ‘offer hope’ through a reply. We’re leveraging VideoAsk for all the video-based functionality and doing a lot of things with custom fields to pass member data in. It’s a combination of Webflow + Memberstack + AirTable + VideoAsk. We’ll eventually take them into a custom solution but for an MVP it’s been fantastic as a testing ground. I’d love you to check it out and let us know your thoughts and maybe consider joining the incredible group of users building this community! 

https://thestigma.app

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hey @UnicornRoad welcome to the community! :grin:

Love that you’re using VideoAsk to ask for and offer hope in your community, what a positive and personal way to connect people online.

Thank you so much for sharing your use case here in our community, I hope people check out the app and feel inspired by what you’ve created here :blue_heart: 

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@UnicornRoad ok so this got me very emotional. What an amazing project! Thanks so much for sharing, this really made my day :heart:

Badge +5

Love how strong community comes across in https://thestigma.app @UnicornRoad Beautiful work. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

That's a beautiful project, @UnicornRoad! Congrats for it! Have you already had some results to share with us? Would love to know more about which VAs are getting more views and interactions! Have a nice day! :wink:

Userlevel 2
Badge

Hey @Gabi Amaral sign ups are very strong but I’m unable to share actual stats or discuss which VAs are getting more interactions as they’re based on mental health conditions and for user privacy. Just for more context, there’s 3 VAs in play.

1. ‘Ask for hope’ where a user asks shares their condition with the community and asks them for support.
  2. ‘Offer hope’ va where the user responds to the video in a side-by-side format (we would have loved to have used the native reply functionality but it didn’t quite serve our needs.
  3. ‘Thank you’ where the va is a response to the response as a thank you message. 
Userlevel 7
Badge +5

I completely understand, @UnicornRoad! I think my favorite is the "Offer hope" one! It's amazing how many different people is out there ready to help and to tell their stories. When you're not at your best, it's important to see that other people might be in the same boat!

And which integration is being more useful to you? I'd also love to know if you've been using Typeform as well? 

Userlevel 2
Badge

I completely understand, @UnicornRoad! I think my favorite is the "Offer hope" one! It's amazing how many different people is out there ready to help and to tell their stories. When you're not at your best, it's important to see other people on the same boat!

And which integration is being more useful to you? I'd also love to know if you've been using Typeform as well? 

Thanks, and totally agreed!

As for typeform, we’re not using it on this project but a lot of our other clients (including us) use it for our a lot of our onboarding docs. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Ah, that's cool @UnicornRoad! Do you happen to have some of their form links so we can take a look? We're always after interesting use cases! :wink: